Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mother’s Day in The Santa Barbara Surf. A Good Sign of Things to Come! 5/9/10

I arrived a little later then the gang this morning. Where are they? Walked out to the point, and didn't see anything. Look down the beach, and I see bobbing seal like figures in the distance. So, i drive over to them, and the first thing that entered my mind is, those guys are body boating without the boat! Practically swimming, while casting the lures. Made me smile, and wonder why they risk drenching for a fish. Well, we decided on a new spot, so everyone piled into the truck for a quick vehicle retrieval, and off to the races again. I fought line twist today, and with the brisk wind, between seeing the knots, and contemplating borderline surffishing/diving techniques for a chance at glory, chose to stay a little closer to the beach then the rest. Arthur is uncanny at pulling the rabbit, and once again, he came through when it looked dismal. I'm going to start hitting it a little more often, and switch to my baitcaster, and try to put a few flat ones into the chase for how many in this year. Having a boat, it's hard not to use it for this, but I'll play fair, abeit swim fins. Thanks for a fun morning SWAT gang, and I'll see you all soon on the water.
    Last edited by exfactor; 05-09-2010 at 10:05 PM.

Well done my friends! Good to see a couple legals back in the count. I figured things would be picking up after a week of better weather and increasing water temps. It looks like you guys had a great time. I was land locked all weekend in the same situation as Phoung.. No chance for escape this weekend but I paid my dues and I'm ready for next sunday. Looking forward to it.

JerryG

Boy you guys were out there! I don't know if what you were doing would be considered "Surf" Fishing.
    I don't think my waders will pull up that far. If I EVER get the privilege to fish with "the crew" I'd have to bring a float tube, PAC 800 or yak. It's the only way I'd be able to get out that far.
    Well, it looks as if it's on!
    Thanks as usual for the post and some great pics.
    LW.
    Last edited by Liteweight; 05-10-2010 at 01:14 AM.

to your request arthur, ill post a reply
    and despite what i jokingly said yesterday
    always a pleasure to fish with you again
    but one of these days i will catch a flattie
    while fishing with you, haha

still trying to decide if i should go today
    as the weather buoy is saying 15 knot winds
    and the water temperature dropped to 52

also, sent you a pm with my address last night
    thanks again for everything
    and look forward to fishing with you again soon

Well done out there Arhtur,
    You are indeed a true "Surf Fisherman" from head to toe!
    Loved the report and the pictures.
    You will get that WSB next time.
    Take Care,
    Robert

Very nice report Arthur.
    Congradulations on the 2 legals.
    It was good to see you had good weather and small surf.
    This is a boring reponse to a serious report.
    DR

now thats what you call a surf fishing.nice report and pics like always wingnut.

Solid surf session! Whenever you score multiple legals in the surf it's a good day. Hoping this cold weather will blow over soon and the water temps stabilize, and then it will finally go off. Sorry I couldn't get out there with you guys today, but I am definitely looking forward to hitting the surf up very soon. Also, go extreme wading! You know you've waded out far enough when you are treading water while casting your LC!

Marc

ANOTHER GREAT OUTING,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

Nice breakthru for the SWAT crew, that meens more great reports are coming.
    I was helping Phuong fix the work truck yesterday, he said i can tag along and fish with you guys next time. Hey Art, where's your floatation device??? Loan one to Chris too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast