Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mother's Day Wiper Fishing

Default Mother's Day Wiper Fishing

We went to Best Way supermarket to get some shrimp for some bait it was $3.99 so i got 1lb of it. We got to Lake Elsinore around 9am. We we want to go out the for some of the good catfishing they were have the last few weeks. The lake was so calm and there was a few people wish when we got there. So got in between some of the people because there alot of room for us to set up with out getting in peoples way. I tossed out my wifes pole with some shrimp on it with a split shot on it. i left it sat out there i set up the other three poles. After i set the other pole up i s reeled in the other pole that i first casted it out it started running so i told my wife to come here and reel it in. She had to go over to the other pole. The guys next to us thought we had a carp i told them know it might be a catfish because that was what we were going for but i also told them it could be a wiper. So she reeled it in and once it came in closer i could see it was a nice size wiper. We got it in but i had nothing to so see who long it was because i forgot my tape measure at home. We put it up to my shoe because i know it 12inch and the wipers have to be 18inch at Elsinore but it was only about 16inch so on picture of this one. We kept on fishing and the wind started picking up. Then we had this guy land on my pole.

We kept on fishing even with the wind blow pretty good. I went looking for some more wiper and because i saw some fish boiling near the shore i went to to see if i can get some thing for there but nothing but i saw a lot of shad on the shore. I went back to the other poles. I reeled in the pole and but on some fresh shrimp and just cast it out and bam it got hit hard i told my wife come over and reel it in. She had a hard time reeling it in. We had to go over the poles again. She finally got it in and it was close to 18inch but we had nothing to measure it with. And i did not want to keep it and it be short so we let it go. That was my wife pb wiper to date.

We left around noon because the wind got really bad.

Me= 0
    My wife= 2 wipers

Wife gets 2, you get 0.....its a Mother's Day sign from the fish gods...lolololol

Bad Bowler bad...it is mothers day!!!! Dont you know that this is one day out of the year your not suppose to fish! If your mother saw this report...JK nice fishy.
    Last edited by marzocchi; 05-09-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marzocchi View Post
    Bad Bowler bad...it is mothers day!!!! Dont you know that this is one day out of the year your not suppose to fish! If your mother saw this report...JK nice fishy.
    my mother-in-law was going to go with us but she did not want to go because i told her the toilet was a "johnny on the spot" and she said she i not want to go because of that.
    Last edited by bowler; 05-09-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Marzocchi, I know. I wanted to go fishing, but I refrained as this is Mother's Day and all.

Greg, if I caught a 2 inch Wiper, it would be my personal best. I have never caught one. I think you let your wife outfish you since it's Mother's Day. What a nice guy you are to let her catch all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Marzocchi, I know. I wanted to go fishing, but I refrained as this is Mother's Day and all.

Greg, if I caught a 2 inch Wiper, it would be my personal best. I have never caught one. I think you let your wife outfish you since it's Mother's Day. What a nice guy you are to let her catch all the fish.
    looked like the one i just caught at Hesperia Lake. Nice to see some Wipers at Elsinore.

Nice wipers

FISHINGBEE

Good job out there bowler. Man, the wifey is on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post

i have not gotten wipers that big i never got one over 12inch. A few years back my friend got two wipers over 18inch in one day in the same place we were at today.

Nice job deferring to the wife on Mother's Day and nice catch.

I've never caught a wiper I'm going to have to give it a try.

What the heck is a wiper?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast