Okay, I am new here. So, please go easy on me. I have been fishing for 40 years and never really knew what I was doing. I had to little brothers to keep busy so, if we were ever near some form of water I would get a stick, some line and a hook and worm, then voila! We were fishing. Caught alot too!

Nowadays I go with hubby. 5 poles, a five drawer tackle box, 2-4-6-10-20 pound test, leader, treble hooks, regular hooks, swivels, weights, floats, every color power bait & lures, lures, lures. I even bought a thing called a bleeding hook - for Gods sake!

Results? Nada, Zilch, Skunked, Zero. The only time I catch anything is off the over populated, POLLUTED, Redondo Pier! and that is only Mackrel with a sabiki rig. We went to Irvine Lake on St. Pattys day. Nothing. We went to Santa Ana River Lakes for the "Monster Sturgeon". Nothing, except a stupid Carp (which I don't count). We went to Castaic Lake and then the Lagoon. All I got was a sunburn and an earache from the wind.

What is wrong? Are we trying to hard? Is it the wrong lunar time?

I think I am going to get a stick, and some old line, and a hook, and a worm. Back to basics...

Maybe this forum might help. See y'all around.

Dude, I just reread what I wrote and I sound like a big crybaby! I did get alot of awesome pics at least.