Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello there!

Default Hello there!

Okay, I am new here. So, please go easy on me. I have been fishing for 40 years and never really knew what I was doing. I had to little brothers to keep busy so, if we were ever near some form of water I would get a stick, some line and a hook and worm, then voila! We were fishing. Caught alot too!

Nowadays I go with hubby. 5 poles, a five drawer tackle box, 2-4-6-10-20 pound test, leader, treble hooks, regular hooks, swivels, weights, floats, every color power bait & lures, lures, lures. I even bought a thing called a bleeding hook - for Gods sake!

Results? Nada, Zilch, Skunked, Zero. The only time I catch anything is off the over populated, POLLUTED, Redondo Pier! and that is only Mackrel with a sabiki rig. We went to Irvine Lake on St. Pattys day. Nothing. We went to Santa Ana River Lakes for the "Monster Sturgeon". Nothing, except a stupid Carp (which I don't count). We went to Castaic Lake and then the Lagoon. All I got was a sunburn and an earache from the wind.

What is wrong? Are we trying to hard? Is it the wrong lunar time?

I think I am going to get a stick, and some old line, and a hook, and a worm. Back to basics...

Maybe this forum might help. See y'all around.

Dude, I just reread what I wrote and I sound like a big crybaby! I did get alot of awesome pics at least.

Welcome to the board!

Thanks! Hey maybe I just need one of those "Team 57" t-shirts?

Welcome

X

Quote Originally Posted by LadeeFish
    Thanks! Hey maybe I just need one of those "Team 57" t-shirts?

If I could guarantee having a T57 shirt on would catch you fish.........& #46;. I'd be selling them bad boys on QVC!!! LOL!

Then again......... ........ alot of people do catch fish with em' on! (well, except for me) :wink:

But there available here, just in case: :lol:

http://www.57shirts.com

Welcome!

Welcome and just to make you feel at home your story and mine are very similar. I get skunked alot too but it still beats work.

welcome to The Days of Our FNN Lives !!!!!

This place is great, great bunch of guys & gals who love to fish ....

Have fun

LadeeFish- It is about the fun, the challenge and the people around you- I have Team 57 shirts and even an exclusive one of a kind Team 57 good luck charm, still have yet to catch a fish.

But you are in the right place to start the tide turning- welcome to the board and "Team 57"

PFG57

Welcome LaddeeFish, look forward to meeting you soon at one of the events.

Fishergirl57, I think you have to have a line in the water to catch a fish. :wink:

(joking, couldn't help myself...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast