Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official 2010 Yankees Thread

Lets go Yankees if anyone can pull it off its you guys lets do this!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Angler View Post
    Lets go Yankees if anyone can pull it off its you guys lets do this!!
    You jinxed 'em.

Don't worry, it's rebuilding time, and the checkbook will open yet again.

You'll land Cliff Lee and Joe Mauer. Posada's gettin' old...you need a new catcher. And after the pitching debacle of 2010, you'll be wanting a big time starter like Lee.

You'll also re-sign the over-rated Jeter, since he is the face of the organization. Who knows, maybe you'll even get Jayson Werth, as he's also a free agent in 2011. (The Dodgers had him once...he sat on the bench, tho). It'll be hard for Swish to lose his spot in right....he had an amazing year. Maybe Werth can play learn to play left, shave his beard, and you can get rid of Gardner.

If Mariano retires, you'll probably get Huston Street, the 2nd best closer on the market. (The first being Mariano, obviously). I don't see any a$shat in your current pen that I would trust to save a game.

You may also make a run at Brandon Webb, and maybe even a Joe Blanton since you'll be wanting to get some depth in your pitching staff. Ted Lilly is available after the Dodger rental. He's kinda old...but he did have an impressive run for the Blue Crew this year, maybe garnering enough attention to open the Steinbrenner Family checkbook.

I know I'd rather have Lilly out there than some of the hacks that were part of the rotation for the Pinstripes this year.

Good luck in 2011. Hope A-Rod fails a drug test.

Yea I blame the crappy bullpen It was sketchy last season With jabba starting and knew we needed improve bad and this year they did nothing to make the bullpen better. Hopefully we get some solid starters next year or wel see the same results.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123