Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super swimbaits ii

Default Super swimbaits ii

SUPER SWIMBAITS ROUND II
    This is just a more detailed version with photos of before and after.
    Along with a step by step from beginning to end how to.

ITEMS NEEDED TO MODIFY A SWIMBAIT
    1.Mini Butane BernZomatic Tourch w/Ignite Button
    2.Aluminum Tray, Size May Vary
    3.Multi Colored Glitter,Purchased At CVS
    4.Extra Containers For Custom Colors

Ive actually done this to about everything possible and it really enhances its look and increases bites and catch ratio compared to its original versions.
    Go head and give it a try and find out how well it works to catch more fish.

Step.1 Prepare work station by selecting a safe and secure location with a fire extinguisher handy just in case, Lay out items needed within reach.

Step.2 Prepare swimbait. If a new swimbait is used it will have to be washed because diffrent oils reacts to the flame and may ignite or burn.
    Old ones just a quick rinse to remove any old residue.

Step.3 Lay chosen washed swimbait in aluminum tray, open chosen glitter color container,ignite torch and begin with slow steady passes over swimbait untill the rubber starts to become clear and liquefies evenly on swimbait.

*Height and flame setting will vary depending on swimbait thickness and
    rubber type used by manufactures.

Step.4 Then evenly pour glitter over swimbait and spread it around with finger
    after a few seconds remove swimbait shake off and brush off any loose glitter into tray,then gather glitter in trays corner and out away from flame or swimbait once returned into tray.

Step.5 Repeat Step.3 and Step.4 on opposite side of swimbait making sure there is no glitter on swimbait or burn zone before swimbait is heated because glitter will burn and will turn into brown ash.

Step.6 Collect remaining unused glitter from tray and save in either same colored container if no mixes were made or in a new one if custom mix used.

HERE ARE SOME I HAVE DONE

YOU ARE NOW READY TO FISH YOUR NEW SUPER SWIMBAIT GOODLUCK!!!
    FISHBONES
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	485281437_1702141523_0.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	17286   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	485283448_1702148829_0.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	17287   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	485283449_1702148832_0.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	17288   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	485281341_1702141178_0.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	17289   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	485281434_1702141514_0.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	17290  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	485281435_1702141517_0.jpg 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	17292   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	485281433_1702141511_0.jpg 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	17293   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	485281336_1702141162_0.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	17294   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	485281339_1702141172_0.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	17295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	485281438_1702141526_0.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	17296  

Last edited by Fishbones; 02-05-2010 at 02:40 PM.

this is actually the most realistic way to mimic scales on fish.

I do this myself, and it really does make a lure more appealing to fish!

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    this is actually the most realistic way to mimic scales on fish.

I do this myself, and it really does make a lure more appealing to fish!
    I don't want to try this with my Hudds, lol. They are already too realistic. The glitter would probably just mess them up!

[QUOTE]smokehound.......I do this myself, and it really does make a lure more appealing to fish! [QUOTE]

post some pics of your modified baits....
    Last edited by Fishbones; 02-27-2010 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    I don't want to try this with my Hudds, lol. They are already too realistic. The glitter would probably just mess them up!
    Belive me FireBall....it gives it such a realistic look and will increase your catch ratio.
    Try it on something else first and you will see what im talking about...

Ive fished the same bait without the mod and the results will show..the glitter won.....

Just an FYI on the huddleson--
    Your rigth Fireball you probably will not want to try this trick on your huddleston because unlike other swimbaits the huddleston is actually painted. Most swimbaits either have the color directly added to the plastic when they are poured or if they are injection molded they get their color from a film or fiber underneath a clear plastic body. If you torch huddleston you may end up burning the paint but other plastics baits which are not painted should be fine.

Other than that this is great tip. Thanks for sharing.

JerryG

Quote Originally Posted by jerryG View Post
    Just an FYI on the huddleson--
    Your rigth Fireball you probably will not want to try this trick on your huddleston because unlike other swimbaits the huddleston is actually painted. Most swimbaits either have the color directly added to the plastic when they are poured or if they are injection molded they get their color from a film or fiber underneath a clear plastic body. If you torch huddleston you may end up burning the paint but other plastics baits which are not painted should be fine.

Other than that this is great tip. Thanks for sharing.

JerryG
    i already tested the hudd and it works fine....i simply torched it lightly and tapped it with my finger and it was sticky just like other plastics and had enuff adhesive to pass my test, with no bad reaction from the paint or plastic.....i will glitter-scale my 6" and post it tomorrow after i come back from fishing...lol
    Last edited by Fishbones; 02-27-2010 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
    i already tested the hudd and it works fine....i simply torched it lightly and tapped it with my finger and it was sticky just like other plastics and had enuff adhesive to pass my test, with no bad reaction from the paint or plastic.....i will glitter-scale my 6" and post it tomorrow after i come back from fishing...lol
    If I see you at the Goon today, show me how it looks there. I'm still not sure if I am going. The rain better stop!

its probably gonna rain fora while.doesnt look like it wants to stop.hope tomorow clears up

Quote Originally Posted by adriiiian View Post
    its probably gonna rain fora while.doesnt look like it wants to stop.hope tomorow clears up
    There is going to be less chance of rain tonight and that is when I am looking at going. 0% chance tomorrow, so it should be good.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast