Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How has Cerritos been?

Default How has Cerritos been?

I'm getting back into fishing from my boy scout days many years ago. I stumbled on this site and discovered from here that Cerritos is a stocked lake. I went last night a little before dusk and stayed till 9:00pm. Very little action, but LOTS of wind.

I met another gentlemen with a bass rig. He apparently wasn't having much luck either.

Whats the word on Cerritos? I know the fish are there, but I haven't heard much about the action.

Just got back after a little dusk fishing. Saw two people pulling up a good amount of trout, one with night crawlers the other a floater rig with a slipshot to powerbait. Looked like he changed color a few times. He caught his limit early and just hung out pulling up more.

been wanting to go to that lake any info how to get there from cerritos college

i beleve cerritos coll is on south or alondra st either way take the street east to bloomfield and turn right its about 1 mile
    Quote Originally Posted by Boya321 View Post
    Last edited by Hometown; 05-03-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boya321 View Post
    Take Alondra East to Bloomfield, turn right (south). Turn left on 195th and park in the second parking lot on the right. That'll put you at close to the south east part of the lake which I've seen the trout mostly getting pulled from.

I think I'll be there tonight.

I've fished there on and off.
    I know the bass have been super slow coming outa there.
    shoot me a pm when you go next
    i live right around the corner from there

I live right across from liberty park on studebaker, are you talking about the lakes at regional park?

Quote Originally Posted by Zach1093 View Post
    I live right across from liberty park on studebaker, are you talking about the lakes at regional park?
    Yeah we're talking about regional lakes.

Speaking of which, they stocked the fountain lake today (not sure why). I was there from 6:00-10:00pm had tons of nibbles... Zero bites. I need some help getting back into fishing it seems.

I started out with a floating gulp worm with an egg weight to swivel setup, fished that for about thirty minutes casting out, slowing pulling it back and popping the tip. I saw other people having tons of success with white and glow mini jigs (little squid shaped) so I switched to a crappie jig, which was all I had that was white. Fished that for thirty... NOTHING. SO I then tried a meal worm on a float... Then pretty much giving up tried a neon orange trout magnet. I ended the night going back to the worm setup since it gave the most bites, I cut the worm down small to try and get a bite on the hook. Tough day for sure!!!

Things I didn't try, my small spoons and Kastmasters. I'm going tomorrow with a small rooster tail and the Kastmasters to see if that'll change things in my favor. Or I'll get pissed and just chuck a hunk of powerbait on a bobber and wait it out.

I'll be there for sundown if anyone is going.

Thats interesting, I've never seen them stock the Fountain lake other then for the Catfish Derby. I've had some success on yellow rooster tails/gold and silver kastmasters there but not so much anything else. Hope you do well!

Quote Originally Posted by Zach1093 View Post
    Thats interesting, I've never seen them stock the Fountain lake other then for the Catfish Derby. I've had some success on yellow rooster tails/gold and silver kastmasters there but not so much anything else. Hope you do well!
    Yeah I was surprised by the stock placement myself.

Either way I'll be back there tonight.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast