Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoping the Surf would come alive!

Default Hoping the Surf would come alive!

Made a long overdue trip to the Surf at the low end of the tide thinking the swell would be lighter!

I had made contact with Mike (bones) on Sunday night to see if things were looking any better and if he wanted to try for a Monday morning mission. His words were not very encouraging as to the conditions he experienced on Sunday!

Mike did however send me some new links to the swell predictions.

So morning rolls around and I acomplished all my home chores and the wife tells me I still have the whole afternoon to get a line wet! Not to be told twice, I gather the gear and now have the decision of where to go.

I arrived and walked to a spot. On the 3rd cast I felt the LC load up and worked in the first and only Flatfish!

Worked the area for another hour and just as I was ready to call it got attacked by a decent BSP! How the hell do they get their mouth that open and get the LC treble all the way in. It looks bad but actually 2 of the hooks were not actually in any flesh so it made for a very easy shake off! It also looked like it was adapting to its environment and took on some green to blend in with the water!

Called it quits at that spot and was headed to some unfamiliar grounds!
    I managed 3 Spotties from that location! Hint! Geordy and Gary have not been there lately!

Until next time.

Steve
    Last edited by flyngby; 04-27-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Steve, you are a menace. Good job out there.
    That water looks absolutely nasty, yet you pulled one out.
    I haven't hit the surf in a long while but my time is coming.
    See you on the water.

Glad you got a few brotha..........Hey....Still a 3 species day and some salt in your face. Beats sittin on your azzzzzzzzzzz!

Nice recon trip Steve... maybe conditions will improve for this weekend.
    Things looks to be a little better by Sunday.

Thats some chunky looking water lol, you had a productive coulple of hours. You're a pro at covering up your location lol, need to find that SBB spot lol

Flyngby- good to see the Cap't get out and stretch his legs on the surf, Congrats on the surf salties. That lil guy sure inhaled that treble. Thanks for the post!

NG

Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post

So morning rolls around and I acomplished all my home chores and the wife tells me I still have the whole afternoon to get a line wet! Not to be told twice, I gather the gear and now have the decision of where to go.

Steve
    not to be told twice~! haha that perch looks like he was trying to inhale your lc when its just as big as him the long over due surf fishing payed off!

Good effort.

Go back to your old grounds in LB for another avator toad.
    DR

Nice little mixed bag of fish you got there. I'm glad you didn't go home empty handed.

Nice job getting the mixed species on a, not so good surf day, Steve.
    You always seem to get on at least one fish when you head out. I admire your persistance!
    Thanks for the report and eye candy,
    Robert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast