Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Late post for 4/24 @ Castaic

Default Late post for 4/24 @ Castaic

We fished Castaic Saturday. We got there at about 7:00 am and found the spot occupied by a lady and 2 guys named Don in a rental. Note to self, :Show up sooner.". They were putting on a slay only a few feet from where we were while we picked up a few.

Here's Manuel with his first fish.

Johnny got his first striper ever on his second day ever fishing. He went to Catalina with Manuel a week earlier.

I managed to catch some smaller models.

Let me tell you about the one that got away! It was a big one. I don't know how big I never saw it. I don't even think I scared it. It got me in Mike's anchor line. End of story!

The game Wardens came around and talked to us. They were a couple of nice guys. They were enjoying talking to the fishermen.

Early in the afternoon Don the guy running the boat told me that he was there in his small boat last week when I was slaying on that spot. Note to self, :Show up sooner.".

At about 5:30 we had 10 fish in the fish hold when Don, Don and the lady called it a day. They had been culling with 27 fish on the stringers and the striper had been taking a late afternoon nap.

We moved over onto the honey hole and waited for the striper to get their wake-up call. Soon the school showed up on the fish finder and we got bit around the boat. There were 6 poles out and all of them got bit within about 30 seconds. In the next 10 minutes we landed 7 fish. Manuel was hot stick with 3 bigger ones during the flurry.

The next thing we knew the wind came howling down over the damn above the buoy line and blew us and the entire buoy line off in the other direction. We couldn't even get near the honey hole.

We tried for a few minutes more then the lifeguards came and told us that the predictions were for some really bad wind from the north. They said that we could stay but that it would probably get bad.

We called it a day.

Here's the creel at the end of the day.

Looks like you had a good day out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine_Michael View Post
    Looks like you had a good day out there.
    It was a good day, but..."Note to self, :Show up sooner."..
    Last edited by fishinone; 04-28-2010 at 10:42 AM.

Great job out there Ron & company........Yeah! Next time come early .

Khanh.

way to slay, buddy.....early bird gets the STRIPER....lol

Quote Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
    way to slay, buddy.....early bird gets the STRIPER....lol
    Yea! really. "Note to self, :Show up sooner.".

So after all of that ("Note to self, :Show up sooner.".) stuff, I'm taking Caleb out on Sunday afternoon.