Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Maybe good idea? Swept handle on Calcutta & Luna's

Default Maybe good idea? Swept handle on Calcutta & Luna's

Hmmmm. I have been spending some time in the freshwater section and came across some interesting new baitcasters. For example the Daiwa zillion and other high end baitcasters. They have "swept handles", basically handles that have the knob handle area bent inwards. Daiwa claims it reduces wobbling when you retrieve. Also, the handle is closer to the reel for a better countored feel. Its not a night and day performance with this new handle from what i was told. However it would be a nice upgrade and it does work! I will be going to a machinist soon to take in my smaller model Calcutta and Luna handles to get them "swept". I will post the handles and give you a verdict soon.

Go to Daiwa.com or Tackletour.com ..... Check out the swept handles.

SOSOFresh,
    Cool idea! Just be careful of the star-drag. If you look at the Zillion picture, you'll see that they also made sure the star-drag is bent too.

Look forward to your results!!

FJ74

Funjunkie,

Good observation!! Note taken.