Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 opener from Mcgee to rush

Default 2010 opener from Mcgee to rush

So the start of our trip started actually on sun. the 18th. That is when I made reservations at convict. Later that week we found out that the campground would not be open. Mammoth X-factor set me up with condo in Mammoth(thanks again man). So we headed up on thrus. so we could do some scouting around on fri. It snowed on us all day on thrus. but woke up to perfect blue skies on fri. We eventually made our way up to Convict and the camp ground was open. I was totally pissed. The rangers told me that it was closed and reserve america had called and canceled my reservation. On the way back down the mountain I called Mammoth X-factor and told him and he came to the rescue again. He brought up a motorhome and we got a spot. And now to the fishing. Convict lake we caught three fish from 5:30 am to 10:00 am so to say the least it wasn't good. Next we headed to Mcgee and we did allright caught 4 more fish there in a hour(nothing big enough to keep). My girlfriend hooked into a huge one but it came off(damn barbless hooks). We drove over to upper owens below the monument and it sucked. The fish just haven't come up to spawn yet. the flow is pretty good though next week should be good up there. Next we drove up to Rush creek. We got there around 12:30 and you could tell that those fish had been under alot of pressure that morning my girlfriend caught one fish but it was a good one 18". We headed back down to convict and went back down to the spot we were at that morning. We talked to some people that we were fishing next to and they said they had only seen maybe 2 or 3 more fish caught since we left. We had done alot of walking and were in the sun all day and my girlfriend wasn't feeling that good so we decided to go home. We took off around 5:30 and I had to hit up Mcgee again and it was some what worth it I hooked up with a fish that had to be over 22" it was on the surface for a couple seconds and then he went down, ten or fifteen seconds later and a couple runs, POP and he was gone. I reeled my line in and he had straightened the hook. Oh well mabye next time. Got home around 11:15. For any one wondering next week I think it is going to be way better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opener8.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	22149   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opener2.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	22151   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opener1.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	22141   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opener3.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	22146   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opener4.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	22140  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opener7.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	22142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opener9.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	22143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opener12.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	22145   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opener10.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	22147   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opener11 (2).jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	22148  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opener5.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	22150   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opener6.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	22139  

nice report i think ive stayed at that condo place is it called chamiox or something like that NICE places

Looks like a very nice trip, with all the wild animals and snow.... nice looking rainbows too...
    Just what the DR orderd...

thanks for the report and pics ! looks like a fun trip !

Looked like an awesome trip, snow didnt look like it affected your trip at all, awesome! What type of jigs were you using, sure looked like they were working.

<><
    KP

Thanks for posting up your report .

Finally someone with pics from the opener! Congrats on the nice looking bows.

TD

Good times and great fish

Thanks for a nice report and pix Brother looks like you guys had a great time .
    Rush creek is best early morning before sun up or late afternoon before sunset .

Sean

Good read.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast