Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Desert Fishing

Default High Desert Fishing

Just moved to Victorville and am looking for some nice spots to fish. I am about 5 minutes from the CA Aquaduct and 395 and see guys over there sometimes, but have also heard there are no fish there so I don't want to take the risk and waste my time if it's not worth it. Anyone familiar with the area that can tip me off to the spots?

Default Desert

Bigblair, try Mohavie Narrows, its off Bear Valley Rd.

Thanks, I was thinking of going there. Right now I was looking for something a little more off the beaten path where I could stop off for a few on my way home from work...at 1am.....

there are a bunch of places to fish like mojave narrows, jess ranch, hesperia lakes, silverwood lake but idk about fishing at 1 am. if your up to it there is good striper fishing at the silverwood lake dam. just use anchovies. the dam is free to park and i dont think they ever lock up the gates to the dam

there are fish in the aquaduct! big ones.gotta have your L's

The numbers in the Hesperia area of the Duct are not that great on the striper side, cats are pretty good. BUT, the stripers that are there are big, so that should make up for the difference. I would give Silverwood a shot, right now it's all about the trout but bass, cats and stripers are turning on so as weather warms the bite will change from trout to warm water stuff.

Where are oyu allowed to fish in the duct? Or do I just fish anywhere and make sure I'm not seen?

Quote Originally Posted by bigblant View Post
    Where are you allowed to fish in the duct? Or do I just fish anywhere and make sure I'm not seen?
    Almost any were that it crosses a road...
    If its a No Fishing spot it will be posted and there will NOT be a walk in gate.

All the other lakes mentioned are OK But have hrs and or days of operation, except Hesperia Lake, its a dung hole!!!
    There is also a small but good fishing lake West on the 138, Called Little Rock Dam.. But again Hrs of operation and Adventure pass is needed..

1 AM, best bet is the Duct, close, with lots of access & fishing spots...

Silverwood has 24/7 access to walk ins. The SRA fee is for parking...
    Parking on the Hwy turnouts and hiking in is OK.. But dont leave anything of value in your car!!!!
    The Dam is open 24/7 but gets a little sketchy in summer months from Party idiots some times looking for trouble in the middle of the night...

Thanks, I think I'll try the Duct, but the only place I know where it crosses a street is at the 395 and it doesn't look like I am allowed to fish there...
    Anyone familiar with the area know where the nearest spot to the 395 I could fish it?

Good spot to try is Summit Valley Road past the Hesperia Airport. Small paved road about 1/2 mile past airport on the south side goes uphill and that's where the Duct comes up out of the ground again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast