Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: live crawdads...

Default live crawdads...

does anyone know a place to get live crawdads in the san bernadino/ riverside county area?

New Orleans Fish Market get live crawfish on Fridays
    2212 West Vernon Ave.
    Los Angeles, CA 90008
    323-296-3817

I have called this place a few times. There is a place in Ontario but they serve them already cooked. Boiled Crabs and Crawfish on Euclid.

Thanks for the info

go to bass pro shops and buy a trap for 10 bucks, or search the internet for plans to make a trap of your own. it is fun and the crawfish are good eating! its almost time for me to head to my secret spot for some freshwater bugs. tip for so cal: find clean water. there are crawdads everywhere.

try sports chalet....some stores carry live dads...the small green ones to at times.

Quote Originally Posted by GLOOMISBOY View Post
    try sports chalet....some stores carry live dads...the small green ones to at times.
    is it legal to hook a crawdad and fly line it and use it as live bait?

Quote Originally Posted by a321eric View Post
    is it legal to hook a crawdad and fly line it and use it as live bait?
    No your required to use a weight ... but yeah its legal

oh ok well one baby split shot should do the trick. ha

um...where do you suggest i hook them. if you have any experience with that. i have heard two sides

1st they say dont hook the tail because of the black spinal cord thing going through it but then i have also heard to not hook it through the body as well. plus the top of the body is so hard and full of armor that it is hard to poke the hook through.

any tips...

hook them in the hard points area between eyes with a sharp octupus hook be carefull n ot to break the shell I usually fly line as the sink pretty fast
    Quote Originally Posted by a321eric View Post
    oh ok well one baby split shot should do the trick. ha

um...where do you suggest i hook them. if you have any experience with that. i have heard two sides

1st they say dont hook the tail because of the black spinal cord thing going through it but then i have also heard to not hook it through the body as well. plus the top of the body is so hard and full of armor that it is hard to poke the hook through.

any tips...

you could try some magic thread as well,
    I probably dont get out much, but I would not know where to set a trap to catch them

-bb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast