Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cogswell reservoir

i still wanna ninja it it makes it even more interesting hahaha

Yeah ive heard theres no public fishing in there but uve heard about the natural trout in there though. i would def ninja it for sure. ive gone a couple ninja missions in pacoima reservoir and they have a lot of natural trout in there. really beautiful too. ive seen a dead 2 pounder in there but heard theyve got them up to 6 lbs. the bass fishing was good for 1 to 1.5 lbers but only saw one with size my friend caught. it was 4 lbs. i know people that have caught 10 lb toads out of there though.

Quote Originally Posted by bouncer View Post
    i was thinking about trying it its catch and release only but has native trout neone down to give it a shot? maybe this weekend? or early next week!
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncer View Post
    i still wanna ninja it it makes it even more interesting hahaha
    Just some thoughts on you idea! You may get away with it and you might also get a visit to the Federal Court! There are 2 closures in effect due to last years Morris and Station Fires!

Here is a link to the Angeles N.F. Website! http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/orders/

I can't get the actual links to work here but if you look under Forest orders you will find the following links!

The Station Fire Forest Closure Order.
    Station Fire Closure Map.
    The Morris Fire Forest Closure Order.
    Morris Fire Closure Map.

Not your normal visit to the local municiple court.

Add the Trespass charge for being in the area of a Dam/ Resivoir which also falls under some Special 9/11 Homeland Security rules.

I guess it could be a fun trip but you better not make any waves if you get caught and piss off the officer.

Just some food for thought.

The Morris Fire was started by some teens fishing in a no tresspassing area and had to be rescued and treated for burn injuries and put the very firefighters there to suppress the fire at risk and focus their attention to details other than putting out the fire when it is at it's smallest potential.

The Station Fire was started by an Arsonist the day after the Morris Fire in another very rugged section of the forest.

We always want to blame Big Brother the Government for the closures but in reality we need to police our own and be responsible for the land we love to visit and expect to be preserved for our use!

Trust me! I lost My Backyard and beloved home in the Station Fire!

If you don't know what I am talking about just type in "My Backyard" in the search area of this site and find some of my posts of "My Backyard"

I miss my little wild trouts!

Sorry you were the Brunt of my rant and rave!

With Due Respect!

Steve
    Last edited by flyngby; 04-24-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: fix links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12