Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Apollo Park

Default Apollo Park

I am happy to report to the Apollo Park regulars that the stocking truck from Calaveras has made its delivery! the drop was made on Wednesday 4/21 at 10:30! see yall there!!! Its also know the poundage was 1600 pounds due to a few missed stocking dates!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

Tight Lines!!
    Louie

well damn! as soon as i leave my project in mojave, they finally stock it up. I would usually hit up that place on my way back to Palmdale. Good to see that they finally stocked it. Thanks for the info.

abbfanuc

Apollo Park will be closed next week so they can prep for the kid's derby.

does anybody know how the kids derby works. I plan on take my 5 year old girl on sat, and was wondering how it opperates. Can the parents fish too or is it kids only during the time frame. What kind of prizes do they have.

thanx for any help given

Quote Originally Posted by ltj427 View Post
    does anybody know how the kids derby works. I plan on take my 5 year old girl on sat, and was wondering how it opperates. Can the parents fish too or is it kids only during the time frame. What kind of prizes do they have.

thanx for any help given
    I believe when you get there you register your kid, they then get a shirt to wear while they are fishing, and no the parents are not allowed to do anything but put the hook on the line and take the fish off the hook when they bring it to shore. i think the parents can help put the bait on the hook to but im not 100% sure. There is a white line that the parents must stay behind while the kids are fishing. The adults can fish as soon as the derby is over. As far as the prizes i know there are bikes, kiddie fishing poles, i know they have more just not sure what they are. I think your kid will enjoy it, i know my little brothers do when i have the chance to take them out there. I love to see the kids get so excited when they catch that fish. If Im wrong about anything please correct me
    Last edited by nyyankees4life; 04-30-2010 at 12:27 AM.