Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Convict lake campground closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Convict lake campground closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just spoke with the resorts owner and they told me that the campground will be closed untill may 1. the ranger station is closed allready and reserve america knows nothing about it. Just a warning to any body going. I had reservations and tried to get my money refunded and they said that they knew nothing of it and the number they had to check on it was no longer in service

I wouldnt panic just yet. I camp at Four Jeffreys on Bishop South Fork for the opener. If you check online is doesnt show as being open. The campground has been open the Friday before the opener for the past 6 years (that I have been going there)

I would have a backup plan. Seems stupid that the campground at Convict wouldnt be open for the opener. The Reserve AMerica site is a call center, they dont know sheeeet.
    Whatever is on their monitor is all they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    I wouldnt panic just yet. I camp at Four Jeffreys on Bishop South Fork for the opener. If you check online is doesnt show as being open. The campground has been open the Friday before the opener for the past 6 years (that I have been going there)

I would have a backup plan. Seems stupid that the campground at Convict wouldnt be open for the opener. The Reserve AMerica site is a call center, they dont know sheeeet.

Yeah I know it sounds crazy but I check back and someone else answered the phone and they said the same thing. they said that there are going to be alot of mad people and they offered to help plow the campground and they never returned there call. and I have a back up plane but it is a little more expensive(condo in mammoth). I dont want to risk it so I will probably go there

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post

Just an FYI from Sabrina's Web site.

Looks like the only Forestry campground open in Bishop Creek Canyon is BitterBrush - they're trying to get water on prior to the Opener, but with another storm due in Tuesday with 1/2 foot of snow predicted at the 7,000 ft level not sure what might happen. If there is NO water at BitterBrush it's free to camp, once the water is on, there is a $21.00 fee per night. Haven't heard the weather for the Opener, but you can check www.weather.gov and enter ASPENDELL, CA on the site and it will give you a fairly good hint at the weather or check in with Howard at www.MammothWeather.com..

http://www.lakesabrinaboatlanding.co...ng_Report.html

I cant stress enough that the Camp America websites are a joke. I suggest calling the local forestry department. They will tell you if the roads are open. With a depressed economy they want to open the campgrounds to make they extra cash

Here is my backup plan. If Four Jefferys isnt open. I walk around the gate and put up my tent in the first available campsite. THere is a campground at Intake II that will have plowed roads.

For those wanting to Hit up Convict. Tuff Campground on Lower Rock Creek should be open. It is right off HWY 395

I have reservations at june lake campground and got a message when I arrived home to night to call because there were issues. Any clues, Is june loop snowed in also???

I'll take drive after I drop the kids off at school this morning. June was still frozen as of yesterday, Gull pretty frozen as of yesterday, Silver and Grant frozen solid. Bring some skates and an auger.

Quote Originally Posted by mammoth xfactor View Post
    I'll take drive after I drop the kids off at school this morning. June was still frozen as of yesterday, Gull pretty frozen as of yesterday, Silver and Grant frozen solid. Bring some skates and an auger.
    Thanks I would greatly appreciate that.

I just got off the phone with the ranger station and they said that Convict lake Campground is closed and will be closed if the weather does not warm up by tomarrow. June lake campground is open and O campground is open you other guy will be safe

I would urge everyone concerned with this to contact the appropriate USFS Ranger Station and make they understand how you feel. If you feel ignored, ask for a supervisor.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/inyo/contact/index.shtml

The weather we've had this spring is hardly out of the ordinary - if the demand for camping is there (which it obviously is), they need to get them open end of story. No excuses. No BS.
    Last edited by Sierra_Smitty; 04-22-2010 at 08:57 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast