Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Anyone have info on Rock Creek lake or South lake

Default Anyone have info on Rock Creek lake or South lake

Does anyone know if they will still be froze over by the opener. I hope to do a little ice fishing this year like we did last year. If anyone has any info let me know please.

I'd bet my left one both lakes will be ice fishing only on the opener. of course, my left one hasn't had much use lately.

South Lake has about 4ft of ice & packed snow on it. Will definitely be ice fishing. Unlike the past two years however, it will require a 1 mile walk to get from where the county stopped plowing to the lake. Sabrina is probably a better bet for easy access. Can't speak for Rock Creek Lake but I'd be shocked if it wasn't an ice cube as well.

Anyone now how the Rock Creek area will be around May 12-16? Im planning on doing a little hiking and fishing with my Dad. Also, anyone got any tips to make it as awesome of a trip as possible?
    KP

Quote Originally Posted by oakboy View Post
    Anyone now how the Rock Creek area will be around May 12-16? Im planning on doing a little hiking and fishing with my Dad. Also, anyone got any tips to make it as awesome of a trip as possible?
    KP
    You might try here for Rock Creek specific info.
    http://www.rockcreeklake.com/forum/