Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slay day! at Castaic 4/17/2010

Default Slay day! at Castaic 4/17/2010

:

I had the pleasure to fish with Tom, Craig, Marsha and Caleb on Saturday.

The day started out with problems. I had trailer trouble and had to stop at Roberto's Boat Repair in Castaic. Roberto is a stand up guy. He did a great job for a great price and he replaced my hub in a huge hurry because we were on out way to go fishing and he wanted to get us out there. He's earned my future business.

We picked up some really fresh dines from Gallion's, got on the water and made it to "The Secret Fishing Hole" by about 11:30.

We started out right by farming a few fish. The idea that you reap what you sow wound up working out for us.

It was a while before we got it together and started putting some in the boat.

Hear's Tom with a fish.

I talked Caleb into helping me reel one in and it turned out to be the biggest of the day 4.5 lb.

We had a steady pick until 2:15 when we pulled up steaks and went to the ramp to pick up Marsha and drop Caleb off. We had 11 fish in the boat.

We surveyed some other spots on the way back to the buoy line. I found some fish that I believe I can catch but didn't stop. I figured it for a backup spot because I wanted to get back to the spot that I knew was working.

We had consistent action after we got set back up. At times it was rapid. Once I looked down at the fishfinder and saw a massive school. I called out that every pole in the boat should get bit and they did. We got 2 out of 3.

Around 5:30 I was baiting poles as fast as I could then putting the bait back at the magic depth. My farming was paying off but I really prefer a little better hookup ratio.

Craig and Marsha came along for the boat ride and were enjoying the beautiful day and our company of coarse..

At the end of the day the predatory by-catch showed up in some numbers and Tom caught 2 of the green monsters.

My friend Mike came along and set up next to us and caught some fish. He and his fishing partner had 15 fish in the boat when I talked to him last.

There were three guys in kayaks there later on. They were catching some fish. One of them told me it was his first day fishing for striper.

I was on my hands and knees picking conscious smaller striper out of the fish hold and throwing them overboard when I heard Mike say "Now there are fish jumping out of the boat.". I guess that says it all.

We just had a blast out there. Lots of fun and lots of fish.

I gave a bunch of fish away on the way home and put the rest on ice. My back was killing me. There was no way I could fillet them last night.

I took a photo of them today when I got them out of the cooler.

We caught 25 to 27 striper Saturday,
    plus 2 of the green monster by-catch.
    Last edited by fishinone; 04-19-2010 at 10:06 AM.

Nice, congrats on slaying

Lots of fish you got there, good job.

Ron,

you are one striper killer !

Congrats on the nice slay

Capt'n

Ron,
    Good job on the stripers slay. Look like everyone had a good time out.

KPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Robo Bass View Post
    Nice, congrats on slaying
    Thank you,

You tube the lower lake don't you? Should be hopping right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThymetal View Post
    Lots of fish you got there, good job.
    Thank you,

I'm looking fish reports from you. Come on, get out there your not far from Castaic.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT'N View Post
    Ron,

you are one striper killer !

Congrats on the nice slay

Capt'n
    Thanks Scott. I had a blast Saturday. When I wasn't catching fish I was loosing bait. No matter how much they steal you get some.

Quote Originally Posted by kpn View Post
    Ron,
    Good job on the stripers slay. Look like everyone had a good time out.

KPN.
    Thanks Khahn, We were in the spot you and I fished. It was wide open. I wish you had been there. With your hookup ratio you could have really put up some numbers.

Nice report. You are one of the pro. I read your report all the time and trying to learn from you on how to slay those stripers.

Quote Originally Posted by msos View Post
    Nice report. You are one of the pro. I read your report all the time and trying to learn from you on how to slay those stripers.
    Thank you, it's nice of you to say that.

If you really want to learn how to catch striper', take a trip with Trout Only. His ad is at the top of the page and here's a link to his website, http://troutonly.net/.

He's the real expert. He puts his show on the road better than most do it on their home lake.

GREAT JOB ON THE STRIPERS RON ,DONT YOU HATE WHEN THOSE GREEN FISH GET IN THE WAY,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    GREAT JOB ON THE STRIPERS RON ,DONT YOU HATE WHEN THOSE GREEN FISH GET IN THE WAY,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Yea! No doubt. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast