Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NPH 4/17 Nice butt!!!

Default NPH 4/17 Nice butt!!!

Sorry I didn't take many pics. I was pretty out of it the night before but I do have a worthy one to show. I wasn't up in the mood for fishing as usual since I was pressured to do some drinking at a last minute birthday party invite the night before, but because I already promised my friend we'd go fishing Saturday I couldn't back out.

Anyways, I caught 5 spotties all over the bay within about an hour and a half since we launched out around 7:30 am. Then from there on until about 3:30pm it was very very slow.

My last attempt to catch something before we left was at a location where my buddy last lost his big fish a few weeks ago. He was fighting it about a good couple minutes on 10lb test line but the line snapped before we could even see a glimpse of what it was.

I decided to head to the same location to see what I could catch there. After the third cast out, what do you know. I land my biggest and first legal halibut weighing in 7 1/2 lbs metering at 26 1/2 inches long. He wasn't as long as I expected but he sure was thick! He was definitely a fighter. It took me at least a good 5 minutes to pull him in on 4lb test line with a 1-4lb rated trout rod. He was all over the 3" Sexy Smelt Big Hammer smothered in Unibutter.

Oh and even though my buddy didn't land anything on board yesterday, we're going to have a comeback for him to slay them the next time we head out. Until next time, have a wonderful week.

Last edited by Phanatic; 04-18-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Nice flattie

Mmmmmmm Legal.

Great Job!!!!!!!!

NICE... i saw your boy and u out there. i was in the 12' gamefisher + funky motor with my bro in law. i gotta start posting reports.... ill probably run into you guys in two weeks.

VERY nice hali.

nice hali on 4lb test!

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonFish View Post
    nice hali on 4lb test!
    X2 WTG on the legal Butt.
    DR

Very nice job. It must have been a blast on light gear. NPH always has a surprise when you least expect it!

Great job on the flattie! And good luck on your next outing..

Very nice job Phan,
    Especially with the 4# test and lite rod and the slight H/O'er...hehe
    Thanks for the report and pics,
    Robert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast