Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Outdoor News So. California Trout Opener 2010

Quote Originally Posted by bluehunter View Post
    Dang Omar. I feel ya on that one. That is ill right there. And not in a good way either.
    Ditto! Makes me glad I didn't attend the event myself. Omar you have every right to be mad at WON.

Omar, I am sorry to hear about what happened to you in the Tourney. Something don't sound right and I am not sure how they could fix such a screw up after the fact . You were the only one to catch a blue taged trout of the day . How do the people running the event just forget about you & your taged entry trout?

Cold game man.I wonder if WON even knows about this? I bet they dont.I bet if you called them they would take care of u.

Those from the won that ran the event and were present at the event along with the board members of irvine lake who were also there should be ashamed of there selves,and they know who there are,and so do we,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by TroutOnly; 04-19-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    My first and my Last WON tournament. They definatly handled things very shaky, and as far as I am concerned they can cancel the rest of my subscription that I have with them. I will never read there paper again. They were less than straight forward with the tagged fish. When they dismissed everyone and Omar had go track them down about the results of his $10,000.00 fish. They disapeared and came back with a paper for a $500.00 internet shopping spree without even letting him see the envelopes or pick one but instead just give him what they wanted him to have seems kind of fishy to me. I think the biggest prize was the $10,000.00 tagged fish, and not to even mention it during the whole raffle is absolutly WRONG unless there was another agenda. I thought all tagged prizes would be raffeld off if they were not caught, so why wern't the other 9 blue tagged fish raffeled off. I think everyone was screwed not just Omar. Omar handled it with total dignity but I know he knows he was duped and if everything was on the up and up why wouldn't they have let the winner open the envelope in front of everyone. They have been doing this for a long time they know better. What a shame.

Big Daddy
    They need to say someting, I know WON has read these post, let see if they have the balls to answer our questions? Im curious to see how they are going to react? Its unacceptable! Eeryone who has the copy of WON with the tourney on it save the paper because its evidence of a scam. Correct me if I am wrong but a blue tagged fish is still a tagged fish right and if so why did they not give all the "tagged" prizes away like the ad said then. Here is who to call to voice concerns to, call WON event coordinator Sally Urena at (949) 366-0030, ext. 38, or Tournament Director Billy Egan at ext 40.
    Last edited by Prowler_Tuber; 04-19-2010 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    Those from the won that ran the event and were present at the event along with the board members of irvine lake who were also there should be ashamed of there selves,and they know who there are,and so do we,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Your right TO when I questioned them (Bill Egan/WON and Steve Carson/Irvine Lake) about this. Steve Carson came over to me and said that I was right and that next year they would let the winner of the blue tag open the envelope in front of everyone, but next year is to late as far as I am concerned. I think Mr. Carson which seams to be a very smart guy should have had better judgement than to be a part of those that opened up the envelope or (envelopes) where Omar and none of us could see it. They never even revealed if there was a $5,000.00 envelope. This really dosen't look very good in my book and I hope they will do the right thing. I woud Hope that the Yum manufacturer also did not have anything to do with this as for my Yum Products that I have I am going to send all 5 or six jars that I have back to them with a little letter letting them know how they had handeled this situation, and that I will not be ever trying there products in the future and if this is the way the people that they have entrusted there products with operate. I think everyone should call Yum and let them know how this really looks.

Big Daddy
    Last edited by Big Daddy; 04-19-2010 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler_Tuber View Post
    They need to say someting, I know WON has read these post, let see if they have the balls to answer our questions? Im curious to see how they are going to react? Its unacceptable! Eeryone who has the copy of WON with the tourney on it save the paper because its evidence of a scam. Correct me if I am wrong but a blue tagged fish is still a tagged fish right and if so why did they not give all the "tagged" prizes away like the ad said then. Here is who to call to voice concerns to, call WON event coordinator Sally Urena at (949) 366-0030, ext. 38, or Tournament Director Billy Egan at ext 40.

So let me see if I understand this right . All the prizes were not giving away ? They had envelopes left over at the end of the event and they were not raffled off ?
    Last edited by Troutman65; 04-19-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    So let me see if I understand this right . All the prizes were not giving away ? They had envelopes left over at the end of the event and they were not raffled off ?
    Troutman 65 the way I see it if they gave Omar the BOOBY prize there is still 9 more envelopes out there thats why I think everyone was hoodwinked or should I say screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    Troutman 65 the way I see it if they gave Omar the BOOBY prize there is still 9 more envelopes out there thats why I think everyone was hoodwinked or should I say screwed.

WOW . Very Shocking to say the least

WOW am i glad i wasnt there sounds like a bunch of bs TIME TO INVESTIGATE

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast