Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Outdoor News So. California Trout Opener 2010

It seemed too shady the guy seemed like they were just going to pack up and roll out. They had no mention of the $$$ tagged fish. On top of that how were the masses to know if the $5000.00 fish was even there they showed no one the other unopened envelopes, even on deal or no deal they show you where the prize was. Ok here's strike two on every ad they had there was suppose to be 10,000 lbs of trout planted ok that will get a lot of people to join but there was actually only 7,000 planted and even if it was a simple mistake a retraction should have been printed since it is a publication, it seemed like one of those used car ads that have the 1 car for sale but it is not on the lot just a ploy to get people there. These are just some of the questions that came up if I'm wrong let me know. Overall I had a blast but it could have been a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler_Tuber View Post
    It seemed too shady the guy seemed like they were just going to pack up and roll out. They had no mention of the $$$ tagged fish. On top of that how were the masses to know if the $5000.00 fish was even there they showed no one the other unopened envelopes, even on deal or no deal they show you where the prize was. Ok here's strike two on every ad they had there was suppose to be 10,000 lbs of trout planted ok that will get a lot of people to join but there was actually only 7,000 planted and even if it was a simple mistake a retraction should have been printed since it is a publication, it seemed like one of those used car ads that have the 1 car for sale but it is not on the lot just a ploy to get people there. These are just some of the questions that came up if I'm wrong let me know. Overall I had a blast but it could have been a little better.
    Envelope,what Envelope ! I didn't see one. 2 Quik came back with a sheet of paper,with a shopping spree of $500.00 I heard there was a lady named Linda, I think that was her name. She also caught a tagged fish, nothing was mention about hers prize either. Maybe 2Quik will say something on this Thread to clear things up,he is probably more frustrated than us. Cindy
    Last edited by Mondo21; 04-19-2010 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo21 View Post
    Envelope,what Envelope ! I didn't see one. 2 Quik came back with a sheet of paper,with a shopping spree of $500.00 I heard there was a lady named Linda, I think that was her name. She also caught a tagged fish, nothing was mention about hers prize either. Maybe 2Quik will say something on this Thread to clear things up,he is probably more frustrated than us. Cindy
    My first and my Last WON tournament. They definatly handled things very shaky, and as far as I am concerned they can cancel the rest of my subscription that I have with them. I will never read there paper again. They were less than straight forward with the tagged fish. When they dismissed everyone and Omar had go track them down about the results of his $10,000.00 fish. They disapeared and came back with a paper for a $500.00 internet shopping spree without even letting him see the envelopes or pick one but instead just give him what they wanted him to have seems kind of fishy to me. I think the biggest prize was the $10,000.00 tagged fish, and not to even mention it during the whole raffle is absolutly WRONG unless there was another agenda. I thought all tagged prizes would be raffeld off if they were not caught, so why wern't the other 9 blue tagged fish raffeled off. I think everyone was screwed not just Omar. Omar handled it with total dignity but I know he knows he was duped and if everything was on the up and up why wouldn't they have let the winner open the envelope in front of everyone. They have been doing this for a long time they know better. What a shame.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    My first and my Last WON tournament. They definatly handled things very shaky, and as far as I am concerned they can cancel the rest of my subscription that I have with them. I will never read there paper again. They were less than straight forward with the tagged fish. When they dismissed everyone and Omar had go track them down about the results of his $10,000.00 fish. They disapeared and came back with a paper for a $500.00 internet shopping spree without even letting him see the envelopes or pick one but instead just give him what they wanted him to have seems kind of fishy to me. I think the biggest prize was the $10,000.00 tagged fish, and not to even mention it during the whole raffle is absolutly WRONG unless there was another agenda. I thought all tagged prizes would be raffeld off if they were not caught, so why wern't the other 9 blue tagged fish raffeled off. I think everyone was screwed not just Omar. Omar handled it with total dignity but I know he knows he was duped and if everything was on the up and up why wouldn't they have let the winner open the envelope in front of everyone. They have been doing this for a long time they know better. What a shame.

Big Daddy

Man even though I left,im NEVER fishing the WON event ever again.Im glad yall already said what I was thinking.....

They were hoping no one would catch the "Big Money" fish. Was there ever any big money to give away?! If I was Omar, I would seriously seek legal advice. Cindy
    Last edited by Mondo21; 04-19-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitts0n View Post
    Man even though I left,im NEVER fishing the WON event ever again.Im glad yall already said what I was thinking.....
    Hitts sorry you didn't stay but you would have been disgusted with the out come but I could have used your help tearing the stage up LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo21 View Post
    They were hoping no one would catch the "Big Money" fish. Was there ever any big money to give away?! If I was Omar, I would seriously seek legal advice. Cindy
    Cindy your probably right I think I would at least contact the attorney general about the way they handeled it but for me I will just stay away and never give them another dollar of mine.
    Last edited by Big Daddy; 04-19-2010 at 04:23 PM.

I have to say so it's understood that the Vine staff was awesome as always i felt bad for the cafe guys they were moving back there good job guys

It was nice to meet you all! That sucks for what they did to 2quick, Congratulations anyway man! 10 tagged fish and you got 1 of them, what luck! This crew had three people that walked away with prizes and I even got a 1 year subscription to Western Outdoors! Even though I didn't get any trout I still had a fun time getting to meet you all and I'm glad the striper tacos went over well with everyone!

First off i just wanna say i was having a great time at the event. Fishing was kinda slow but constant,hanging out with my friends at the lake i love is alway a good thing but what pissed me off was the fact that i was the only one to catch a blue tag fish,when i went to weigh it in the dude didnt believe me intil he seen the fish once he seen the fish he wanted to keep the fish for a while which i had no problem with, the guy instructed me not to leave but to make sure i stayed around got my phone number and all, like i said not a problem, so i wait around for another hour listend to the band and whatnot then they start announcing the winners of each class of the tourney, raffles and such again cool not a problem but then everything is done and they're startin to rap up the event and they still havent mentioned me i started to get a lil mad. I actually had to damn near chase the guy down and stand in front of him so that hopefully he'd remember that he had forgotten about me, so he see's me and tells me he forgot, how in the hell do you forget the only guy who caught a blue taged fish out of the whole damn tourny anyways he says he needs to talk it over with somebody and that he'll get back to me, he verified where i was gonna be and then he left . Well right around that time trolly had went to where they were at and said that he seen then going thru the envolopes checking them really well and that i should go stand over there and watch them but i didnt i figured it was an honest event and that i shouldnt have to. So another 10 mins go by and the guy comes back with what supposedly came out of the envolope which was a 500.00 gift certificate to some online lure warehouse that sells mostly bass lures. Now i dont want people thinking that im ungrateful or anything however the whole thing was done wrong, i should have been the one to open the envolope not them after all im the one who caught the fish for all i know my correct envolope could have been the 5 or 10,000 dollars if it were truly a matter of the tag number corresponding to the envelope number then as soon as i turned the fish in the envolope should have been handed to me not searched thru then open to give me the lessor prize, total bs then they tried to cover it up talking about some insurance bs blah blah blah if that were the case then how come at the lake isabella event were the contestent that had tagged fish allowed to pick and open their envolope's. Like i said the whole thing ended up being a bunch of bs from the beginning to the end, i feel that i was ripped off, and i wanna say in no way is this directed to IRVINE LAKE they had nothing to do with this and i also know this will probly rub some people the wrong way but i really dgaf.

Dang Omar. I feel ya on that one. That is ill right there. And not in a good way either.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast