Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Western Outdoor News So. California Trout Opener 2010

I went to the meeting today as well. The staff on all sides feels very bad for what happened. They are truely sorry for the incident. The print on the flier (that everyone had seen) with 10,000lbs of trout to be stocked was a typo error. The original flier was correct when it said 7,000lbs.

For those who will fish this weekend at Irvine Lake: If you catch a trout with a blue tag in it, you will receive $50.00 cash. Just see an Irvine lake staff member when you bring it in.

Omar: Bill Egan will work with you on your gift card. He will offer you $500.00 worth of trout gear to your liking. Just give him a call. The envelope that was opened was #192 and it matched the tag on the trout. No other envelope was opened as the rest were sealed and not even close to being tampered with. They opened the 9 other envelopes and one did have the $5,000 prize in it. The envelope material used for the prizes is what USPS/FEDEX uses for shipping packages in. It helps to have a pair of scissors to open them.

At today's meeting, a cost list of each sponsored item was handed out. Remember the costs associated with the event doesn't include the paid employees on all sides. We have the easy part of just fishing the tourney. The hardest part was getting everything together and organized. The total of all prizes donated in this tourney was valued at $35,396.00. Now that's a lot of money!! Every bit of thank you's goes out to each staff member involved and the tackle/company sponsors. They put in the time to get the items together for this event. It's very easy to overlook this kind of team effort.
    Last edited by BigBass777; 04-23-2010 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAVERICK27 View Post
    I was very happy with the results as well. I still feel bad for Omar, but I see all sides and appreciate the lenghts that everyone went to in an attempt to put it all behind and move on. Bill Egan was a stand up guy and fell on the sword "so to speak". Its all good in my eyes. I showed up to the meeting to support my beloved Lake Irvine and its Staff against the "other" hostile thread jacker.....who never showed to the meeting....oddly enough. Now.....CLOSE THIS THREAD AND LETS FISH!!!!!! :)
    I second these words by Chris, as I also attended the meeting.
    Thank you Bob, Irvine staff and WON staff for attending and being respectful and understanding to our concerns.
    As a long time member on FNN, I must say "same" on some of you that posted here with fork tounge and then you don't show up in person to this meeting that was called for by you.
    I was also disappointed to hear the WON Director tell us that a generious offer was made to help defuse this issue, but it WASN'T mentioned at all here in the thread.
    Happy Fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by troutonly View Post
    hey seal where you there ,i was scammed and cheated, and ived fished more derbys and tourneys than youve gone fishing, you totally missed the point of what i was saying to 2-quik, why dont you think i wasnt there trying to catch a trout at a pay lake ,to me its like shooting fish in a barrel,and im not bashing people who fish there if its close and convinent to them than more power to them , i have so many freinds who fish there its sick , maybe you outta go fishing, i will tommorow and the next six days in a row,,,,,,,,,peace 2-quik maybe i;ll see you down there,,,,ok maverick im done ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,later,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    bob shut tfu !! Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Thanks to Dave & Jerry from the SWD for the invitation to attend the meeting Friday afternoon. It was my pleasure. Thanks to Daniela, Jimmy and Melanie for being there as well and representing the entire Irvine Lake staff.

Thanks to Bill Egan & the rest of the WON staff for taking time out of their day to attend also. Class act.

I attended for one reason only, to THANK everyone, as I know how much hard work you all put into these events and I want you all to know that I'm very appreciative.

Hope to see you all again soon!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112