Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Outdoor News So. California Trout Opener 2010

Default Western Outdoor News So. California Trout Opener 2010

Today was the 2nd annual Westren Outdoor News Southern California Trout Opener held here at beautiful Irvine Lake. With the lake nearly at full capacity it could accomidate the large amount of tournament entries both companies hoped would show up and show up they did. Over 700+ tournament anglers from all over the state came to the lake to ply the waters for trophy trout and tagged trout. Before the tournament over 200 trout where tagged by W.O.N, Irvine Lake staff, and Calavares Trout Farms for this contest. With prizes ranging from sponsers swag to $5,000 this tournament had some serious prizes!

Probably my favorite thing about this tournament is that there is lot of diffrent divison's that way there are a ton of winners. Those divisons where as follows: Adult male, Adult female, juniour male, and junior female. The prizes for each of the previous mentioned was a beautiful trophy.

From the get go I could tell the fishing was red hot for a lot of the people who came out to the lake today. The line at the scales was long and had tons of people with full stringers.

A lot of fimilar faces where in line too. Here is the infamous dou that trolls at mach 30! So at 10mph a Rapala should dive to 35ft according to this card Lt. Maverick.

The tag team of Big Daddy-Huggybear makes there way to the scales.

The tournament director Bill Egan hard at work weighing fish.

Elaine Dickernoff with her tagged fish that would eventually put her near the top of the Ladies division.

Allsiun Fuchs walked away happy with a full stringer and placing in the juniour female division.

Rusty Vogl of Hunigton Beach managed this Brown Trout weighing in at 1.65 while fishing a Kastmaster in the flats.

Adrian Baccera with his 4.0 Rainbow that would also put him in the top 5 of the Adult Male division.

However, it would take a truly giant fish to take the big trophy home. John Gobert of Carson found that giant fish! John's giant rainbow weighed in at 12.03 and ate natural corn powerbait!

Now for the raffle and what a raffle it was! Look at the amount of people at this raffle!

Here are the big Sports Chalet winners. Thank you Cindy Neagle and your staff for everything!

Emio Leveniea with his brand new kayak!

Mr. Toida with his prize pack worth over $1000 in Sports Chalet goods.
    The Junior Female divison winners!

Sorry I did not get photos of the other groups due to a camera malfunction.

Here are the winners and in each divison.

Adult Male
    John Gobert 12.03
    David Huynh 5.53
    Tim Blackster 4.21
    Adrian Baccera 3.67

Adult Female
    Catherine Gobert 3.71
    Frances Moore 3.42
    Elaine Dickernoff 3.24
    Linda Elmun 3.08

Jr Male
    James Moore 3.09
    David Estrada 2.88
    Reggie Walter Jr 2.72
    Marcos Ingles 2.67
    Austin Harvey 2.63

Jr Female
    Raquel Alcala 2.65
    Marcey Cambell 2.61
    Kaela Braneny 2.60
    Melinda Camell 2.48
    Allsion Fuchs 2.39

I would like to thank you all of the staff of W.O.N for putting on such a great tournament. I would also like to thank all of the sponsers of this event. Finally I would like to thank all of the anglers that participated and camped out for this event. I can harldy wait to see the spread that W.O.N. puts out for this event. Look for that supplement here shortly! Cant wait til next year on this event!
    Jimmy

the killa Guest

Who won the boat?

Haha..Jimmy that post was hellarious! Love it! Great event and absolutely beautiful weather and fishing. I could have not asked for a better day...except maybe winning something...but that's not what it was about. One of the best run tourneys I have been too. The best highlight...being able to launch in the flats and avoid the boat ramp COMPLETELY!!!! I never even had to see the boat ramp shoreline the entire day!

last years W.O.N trout opener was by far more organized and there were far better prizes for the winners...thats just my opinion. They need to give Bill a call and find out how it should be done. Over all fishing was great!!

That was the best time i have had all year. Great fishing, quality trout and hard fighting never say die trout. Loved the idea of spreading out the tagged trout. Awesome event, Props to Irvine lake staff for opening up the other ramp. I would always launch there if it was open.
    Mr Carson, ya truely have a great staff in place. They always make me feel welcomed and are very friendly and to me that says alot.
    Hope 2 cya soon Jimmy

Awesome!
    Can I have my lake back now?
    Hate,hate hate the crowds(bah, humbug)
    Just kidding (kinda')
    I'll be back Monday morning to lite crowds and lots of hungry trout.
    Tight lines....

Everything was wonderful! Not only the prizes, by the way, I did win a pair of sunglasses, one of the Team57 Members says was worth over $100.00. Of course someone by the name of Hitts0n,couldn't wait to get his hands on them The weather was perrrfect. The prizes were GRAND. The 2 Coolers was worth over 1 Thousand Dollars,given away by Sports Chalet,WOW! Also S.C. gave away a Canoe for 2 people. The Boat was very nice that WON gave away, and other nice asst. prizes. There's only one thing that they didn't do....There was no mention of the people who caught the TAG FISH??? There was TWO People to my knowledge. What happened to their prizes,Jimmy?

What a great day it was! It was lovely seeing my name up there on the leader board, until literally at the last minute Linda slipped in and pipped me to 5th place! Still, it was really great to see everyone again and I had an awesome time!

Wheres the tag fish winners ,wasnt there supposed to be a crap load of tag fish, and what happened to 2quickmotorworks the only blue tag fish to be caught,the reports i got werent so cheerfull,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    Wheres the tag fish winners ,wasnt there supposed to be a crap load of tag fish, and what happened to 2quickmotorworks the only blue tag fish to be caught,the reports i got werent so cheerfull,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    BeBop asked the Guy from the Event,what did the"Blue Tag Fish" meant? He said very "BIG MONEY! There were talk about envelopes... I thought they would let the people who caught the tag fish,select an envelope??? But there was no mention of tag fish at the event, I was there before it started until the end and NOTHING! 2 Quik had to chase the Announcer down and asked about his prize for the tag fish?!
    He waited about 15 to 20 minutes before the someone came back and handed him a sheet of paper that said he won a $500.00 Shopping Spree to an online store, I guess,I had never heard of the store.
    Cindy
    P.S. what happened to the $10,000.00 prize???!!! Or did we all read wrong?
    Last edited by Mondo21; 04-19-2010 at 10:27 AM.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast