Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 04-16-10 LMB at DVL

Default 04-16-10 LMB at DVL

Went fishing again this morning and the weather was perfect to out smart a LMB at DVL Overcast skies and a little wind. Got out to my favorite spot not another boat in sight, no one even close I started throwing a 6 " BBZ Spro Trout Swim Bait and on the second cast big fish hit I set the hook and the bass came up and jumped then headed for deeper water. I applied a little pressure and the line went slack big girl got off.

Continued throwing the swim bait with only one other follower but did not take the offering Went to another spot and tried another top water lure and a few cast later 5+ pounder in the boat. The weather all of a sudden cleared up and I switched over to the C-rig on a point and was rewarded with a keeper

Caught two other drop shot fish and then headed for the shallows watching all the males on the beds. I did not attempt to catch any because they were all in the 2-3 lb range. Headed back to the dock and took some pics and released the fish to fight another day.

Until next time.....Tight Lines......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111_0676.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	21849   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111_0675.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	21850  
    Last edited by FrazeIb1; 04-16-2010 at 08:33 PM.

First off nice shirt, playoffs start tmrw GO LAKERS! ! Well done on the "top water" bite you have been reporting. Good job releasing them beautiful diamond greenies.

Looks like fun. Congrats on the bass!

Awesome job out there. It is amazinig now that the typical DVL "clone" seem to be 5 pounds now. What a fishery!