Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castaic after work on TAX Day in the Lowe Boat

Default Castaic after work on TAX Day in the Lowe Boat

Dan invited me to fish with him after work yesterday. Thank you Dan.

I met him at the launch ramp at 4:00. We headed out to the buoy line and anchored up.

The water was 60.5 degrees. The wind was light and we anchored without trouble.

It wasn't long before we started getting light bites. The fish were non-committal, bait stealing was the norm. I think it was bass and bait fish. After a few baits I got a tap that seemed like the right kind, waited for a little tension and swung for the stars.

Hook-up! This fish fought really well. It took my 4lb line and leader under the anchor rope and back around into my other line but I was fortunate and kept him untangled. After a few good runs fighting against the ultra light setup he came in and Dan netted him for me.

My guess is between 3 1/2 and 4 lb.

We had a steady parade of light bites but couldn't convert them. About an hour later I hooked up another nice fighter. This one headed for the surface behind the boat and when it surfaced I complained "Awe it's a bass.".

We lipped it and took a picture.

It had lots of battle scars on it's face. Castaic is a fish school.

After this we had the steady light biters again. We headed in early and happy.

We talked to a few boats out there.

One guy was an FNN member. I can't remember his screen name and I only think his name was Arturo. He got one good flurry of bites at the buoy line and picked up a few fish.

A couple other guys in a nice formed aluminum tracker gave us a couple small striper. Thanks fellas!

Thank you for taking me fishing Dan.

P.S. I thought I would throw in a couple pictures of our neighborhood predator working.

Here he is eating cat food.

He went after the squirrel but stopped when it decided to fight.

What a killer!
    Last edited by fishinone; 04-16-2010 at 12:10 PM.

great report ron...glad to see you made it out and caught your usual striper and largemouth....nice...

kinda funny how the squirrel is tryin to jack the cat.

WTG my fellow striper killers!!!!!!

Good job guys. Atleast no skunk. That was me you saw out there, I was trying to tell you my name is Andre but maybe from a distance it sounded like Arturo LOL.

The fish have been real suspended as of late. You'll see great readings on the bottom but those aren't the fish you wanna mess with. It's the fish on the surface down to 40' that'll really bite.

Quote Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
    great report ron...glad to see you made it out and caught your usual striper and largemouth....nice...

kinda funny how the squirrel is tryin to jack the cat.
    Those bass are by-catch but it beats the skunk.

That cat is funny. He must have been ripped by a squirrel. He'll chase them if he can get them to run but if they stop and turn around he backs off. I think most of them have his number anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    WTG my fellow striper killers!!!!!!
    Thanks TB.

That's nice.

I still want that trophy!

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Sleep Fish View Post
    Good job guys. Atleast no skunk. That was me you saw out there, I was trying to tell you my name is Andre but maybe from a distance it sounded like Arturo LOL.

The fish have been real suspended as of late. You'll see great readings on the bottom but those aren't the fish you wanna mess with. It's the fish on the surface down to 40' that'll really bite.
    Hi Andre,

I'm sorry about forgetting your name. You told me your name and your screen name but I was drawing a blank today. How I could forget Eat Sleep Fish is a mystery to me.

That's good information about the depth. I caught the striper in about 40 ft. The bass was a little deeper. I was hopping my bait up and down the slope as the wind swung us around.

Thank you for going fishing with me Ron. You were just the medicine the doctor orderd.
    Lets do it again soon.

Nice bass, thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowe Boat View Post
    Thank you for going fishing with me Ron. You were just the medicine the doctor orderd.
    Lets do it again soon.
    Let's do it. I'm sorry I missed your message on Saturday. I got a new cell phone "Blackberry", for now it's in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThymetal View Post
    Nice bass, thanks for the report.
    The pleasure is mine!

Looks lie another nice day on the water, ,,,,,,,,,,,,

What was the water temp?

Capt'n