Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three Kings & Two Ace's

I don't know how you do it man, tough conditions today with some big waves coming through and micro salad as well. Water almost looked like "red tide" not to sure though....threw out red/green crack, white with red flake CT grubs, mussel...NOTTA.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplyeman View Post
    I don't know how you do it man, tough conditions today with some big waves coming through and micro salad as well. Water almost looked like "red tide" not to sure though....threw out red/green crack, white with red flake CT grubs, mussel...NOTTA.
    "I don't know how" "HOW" is the most interesting thing to me, when it comes to fishing the surf. !!!
    One time I was fishing not a hundred yards from others (I did not know at that time) and they were catching
    Dinks to mediums, and I was by some structure I re-conned and have been learning how to fish at different
    times and tides and or conditions, and was KILLIN DA PiGS !!! They wandered over eventually but did not get
    much of nothing !!! WHY ? Cuz they did not from experience know "HOW" to fish it with the correct weight,and
    placement of the bait or lure to where the fish were!!! Waves, currents, structures around submerged rocks,
    alley ways between Boilers, all that plus more, comes into play or considerations as to "HOW " you fish , or any,
    specific area!!! This is not braggin, but just a learning experience I had, or a revelation that, it is not even that
    one may know where to go because someone else caught a big Halibut there for example, but HOW do YOU fish
    it when YOU are there in similiar or differing conditions ?

Makes me want to hit the surf for sharks now.

Those perch are toads.. all fat females, too.

Thats cool, because the males are usually much smaller.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12