Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Float Tubing with Fish Finder Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Float Tubing with Fish Finder Help

Hey i am thinking about buying a decent but cheap fish finder to hook up to my tube. does any one have any info on what i should look at?

I have a Humminbird Fishin Buddy 120 and it works well. I would suggest it.

yea get the fishing buddy it's made for tubes and kayaks and other small personal water craft.

I have one of those hummingbird portable fish finders, works great, but I was holding it on my maiden voyage on my tube, clamped to the bar but I was still holding or tiliting it. whats the way/place to mount it better

-bb

Quote Originally Posted by blackberg View Post
    I have one of those hummingbird portable fish finders, works great, but I was holding it on my maiden voyage on my tube, clamped to the bar but I was still holding or tiliting it. whats the way/place to mount it better

-bb
    I have some straps on the side of my tube and just use those. It works alright and you don't need the mount. I have seen some holder things on the internet before.

I've heard a lot about the Fishin Buddy. Mainly because they are basically made for tubes. Just about any fish finder could be used on a tube though. It just takes some ingenuity and PVC. LOL.

It depends on your personal preference, how much resolution are you looking for and how much are you willing to spend?
    I have an old Bottomline 4200 Sidefinder an I love it. I've used it @ the 'goon and all over the Sierra's.
    I've seen plenty of post by some of the members here with the float tube versions and the regular ones. Personally I'm saving up for a Hummingbird 798CI SI for use on a yak (when I get one) fishing la jolla kelp and then transfer to my PAC 800 or Watermaster for tubin' the 'goon and Sierra's.
    LW