Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My wife first fish on a Swim bait (Newport Bay 4-12-10)

Default My wife first fish on a Swim bait (Newport Bay 4-12-10)

My wife and I went to Newport Beach today after we went to go pick up a wedding video. We go to Newport a 9:30pm started fishing to island. We worked are way toward the ferry with no hits. Got to the ferry we start to fish to the right of the ferry by the fuel dock we both got hits around there but we could not hook up on what ever was hitting us. So we moved more down the ways fishing a long the docks. We got to a place where we could cast out a good ways to with a lot of room on both sides of us. I tossed out my wife line because she does not want to hit anything at night. So she was reeling it in she got hit so i told her to keep her pole up we got it in it was a Spotted Bay Bass about 10" it was her first fish on a swim bait. I keep on casting in the same spot and i got hit. I got in all the way to the shore but i came off when i went down to get it. Oh well it was about the same size as my wife bass. We left there at 11:00pm.

Here is the pick of my wife's Spotted Bay Bass on a swim bait. My wife is to scared to hold the fish.
    Last edited by bowler; 04-13-2010 at 12:48 AM.

WTG! Recently put my girlfriend on her first swimbait fish... Pretty god feeling isn't it!?
    Getting out there soon thanks for the report!

Ryan

congrats to the wifey,but she needs to hold the feeeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman from long beach View Post
    congrats to the wifey,but she needs to hold the feeeesh.
    i will make her hold the next fish that she gets.

thanks for the report bowler.
    least you guys got on a bite and caught a sbb thats what counts.
    What type of swimbait were you using?

i do not know my wife picked out the colors at the Fred Hall Show when we were there. She had no clue on what colors to pick so she picked the ones that looked pretty. That is what i get one you let the lady's pick the colors.

Good job getting her on a fish. I remember when I did the same thing.........Memories........

Tip........
    Tape up her thumb for the next time so she won't be scared and her first "lipping" won't result in a sore thumb for a few days. That might discourage her from lipping them in the future. The tape will give her confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Tip........
    Tape up her thumb for the next time so she won't be scared and her first "lipping" won't result in a sore thumb for a few days. That might discourage her from lipping them in the future. The tape will give her confidence.
    That's a great tip! They make fish tape in all kinds of colors to match the pretty colors of the swimbaits she picked out. Tess loves her purple fish tape. She can actually unhook her own fish now which is great because that means more fishing time for me.

Congrats on your wifes first fish on the swimmie. Thanks for the report.
    Last edited by Jaysuuun; 04-13-2010 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Good job getting her on a fish. I remember when I did the same thing.........Memories........

Tip........
    Thank for the tip now my wife want to go and get the tape and she hopes it comes in pink.

Good job getting out there Bowler with the Misses,
    I'm looking forward to hitting the surf this weekend with the wifey.
    Robert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast