Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the fishing at Alondra Park?

Quote Originally Posted by IN2DEEP View Post
    I walked through the park around noon time on derby day and saw a guy leaving with his kids. He had a bunch of trout on his stringer. They must have stocked for this event.
    Also saw a small kitty being caught on my way back out.
    Oh yea, tons of people
    That's great! Hopefully lots of the kids had some catches. Thanks for the report.

Hey what technique do you guys use to catch spawning bass here?

Seriously man, don't do it if you care at all about the lake/bass. Those fish get hammered and taken home by the bucket brigade, live trout, and snagger crowd. Leave them alone to spawn so the lake can continue to hold fish. As soon as you catch one bed fish, you'll get swarmed by guys trying to get the same one, and that fish is basically done for.

I'm not against bed fishing or dislike people that do it, it's just that in some city park lakes the bass don't need the extra pressure.
    Last edited by bsp; 04-26-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Seriously man, don't do it if you care at all about the lake/bass. Those fish get hammered and taken home by the bucket brigade, live trout, and snagger crowd. Leave them alone to spawn so the lake can continue to hold fish. As soon as you catch one bed fish, you'll get swarmed by guys trying to get the same one, and that fish is basically done for.

I'm not against bed fishing or dislike people that do it, it's just that in some city park lakes the bass don't need the extra pressure.

Checked out the lake this morning and noticed some bass holding next to the bridge. Threw a crankbait and Texas-rigged worm at it with no success. Still some trout in there swimming around in schools. I saw a few caught by anglers fishing in the "no fishing" zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
    Checked out the lake this morning and noticed some bass holding next to the bridge. Threw a crankbait and Texas-rigged worm at it with no success. Still some trout in there swimming around in schools. I saw a few caught by anglers fishing in the "no fishing" zone.
    Interesting....Was it a group of fisherman chumming the water and using bread/dough? I'm getting kinda tired of seeing the same fisherman I see fishing in the no fish areas and breaking other rules. :( Hopefully I'm not alone on that.

As far as bass...They are out there, but they are moving real slow right now. Good luck. I gotta get over there and break in my new baitcaster.

brian

I don't know if they were chumming but they were a group of about 4 white middle-aged gentlemen with bicycles as their means of transportation.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    MAN THE PIC OF THE BRIDGE AND AROUND THE LAKE BRINGS BACK MEMORIES,ITS WHERE I LEARNED HOW TO CATCH BASS WITH LURES,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Same here..
    I spent many of days during all of my child hood on the shores of Alondra Park..
    I credit alot of my fishing know how and such to that lake and ease of access to it for a kid from Inglewood..
    Here is a pic of me in 1991..
    Caught this fish on a Split Shot Anglers Choice "Blue Ice" worm..

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Wynn View Post
    Same here..
    I spent many of days during all of my child hood on the shores of Alondra Park..
    I credit alot of my fishing know how and such to that lake and ease of access to it for a kid from Inglewood..
    Here is a pic of me in 1991..
    Caught this fish on a Split Shot Anglers Choice "Blue Ice" worm..

That's awesome! I dig that thugged out look on your face with the NO FISHING sign in the background. Classic!

Tried again this morning with no luck. It was cold and windy and the conditions weren't the greatest. Walked around the entire lake throwing a Texas-rigged Berkley Powerbait Worm and caught nothing but weeds. The trout was still there but wouldn't bite the spinners that my friend were throwing right in front of them. I also noticed a few trout that were half alive next to the bank. I even managed to grab one with minimal resistance from the dying trout. I never realized how tough this lake is.
    Last edited by Surfer; 04-28-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast