Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How's the fishing at Alondra Park?

Good thread here.

I am a local to this pond. This is probably the toughest city pond to catch bass, that is why there are 8lb+ bass in here. There is no structure, only patches of weeds, most bass are caught in the back of the pond(near the restrooms). There are a ton of really small bass close to the shoreline, not even 5 yards out.

Drop shotting and top water action is the best out there. White flukes has probably the best chance to get hit. If you fish for bass, stay focused close to the shore, casting 5 yards or so veritcally with the shoreline. Always see 3-4lb class roaming but again they are very very skitish. The hawgs are pretty deep, best setup is probably fly lining huge worms or texas rig it, basically anything that is weedless.

Side note on the bread chuming - alot of people use this to ball up the little bait fish, they look like minnows but they have another name which I am drawing a blank here.. But yeah they ball up in the 100s and the small bass LOVE these bait fish.

Good luck out there!

Very informative! Thanks!

I went out to Alondra a few days ago in the early AM. Got hit by a 7+ lb bass and got a little over anxious and lost the bass and my line. Was running a 6 lb flouro topshot with plastic and should have let him run more. About 20 minutes later had a short strike at the surface, but no hookup. Had a great splash and a good look at the bass. Did see one of the regulars catch a nice 2 1/2 to 3 lb bass around 8am.

Seems like Alondra's motor for the air pump is having mechanical issues and isn't working, which will be definitely slowing the bass bite down. There was also the boat cleanup crew at Alondra yesterday scraping the vegetation which left lots of grass floating on the shore. Nice job..lol

I went this morning in the early am and no luck. Did see a couple very good sized bass in high speed pursuits, but they were way out in the open waters. Seems like their are still some trout holdovers way deep as that's even where a few kormants were getting breakfast. Also saw a few bass laying low just off the shore, but no action. Again the air pumps are all turned off still.

Between the weather changes, cooler water, and no air pumps I don't think I stand much of a chance right now.

-brian
    Last edited by bman90278; 05-21-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Any recent reports of this place? I've been fishing ElDorado for the past month, but want to give this place another try. I'm determined to catch a bass from here.

I've been hitting this place up every Friday morning. Last Friday I got one dink, missed a couple and farmed 1 that took me deep into the weeds, I am pretty sure this was a bigger model.

Weeds are a huge problem here, they are growing everywhere, and no thanks to all the people that feed the damn ducks. Then the volunteers scrub the duck crap and push it into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by dfisher View Post
    I've been hitting this place up every Friday morning. Last Friday I got one dink, missed a couple and farmed 1 that took me deep into the weeds, I am pretty sure this was a bigger model.

Weeds are a huge problem here, they are growing everywhere, and no thanks to all the people that feed the damn ducks. Then the volunteers scrub the duck crap and push it into the water.
    Actually they did a ton of underwater cuttings a couple of weeks ago and pretty much made the majority of the shore weedline disappear...for now. I've only seen bass swimming close to the shoreline in the red zone areas since the last cuttings. Since the last cutting I personally feel the bite has gone down big time and I've only caught dinks and seen others catchin dinks lately.

I personally think the weedlines are great for the fry's, smaller fish like bluegill, and younger bass. Plus it makes great areas to fish.

On another note, Yesterday morning I saw a family with buckets and bags scooping up fry's along the shore in the back of the lake. One of the locals said something politely and he was cussed at by the whole family for several minutes..Take about your local Torrance or Gardena Ghetto Family..the dad, mom, and the little ones. WOW!!!!!!!! Not too long after the incident I saw the Sheriffs patrolling the lake.

brian

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
    Any recent reports of this place? I've been fishing ElDorado for the past month, but want to give this place another try. I'm determined to catch a bass from here.
    Dude, you should hit El Porto with your board and pole.
    Check FNN SW report. Give it up. Go SW.
    DR

Huntington Beach is going off right now. 4-6 occ 7ft and good earlier.

Saw some guys surfing at Pt Fermin today. It doesn't break too often, it needs the right angle to break.
    DR

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567