Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the fishing at Alondra Park?

Default How's the fishing at Alondra Park?

Thinking of hitting it up sometime this week when the weather improves. Hoping for some bass or bluegill.

Stopped by the lake today around noon to check out the action and found out that the lake had just been stocked with rainbows. Fish were jumping everywhere. I only saw a few caught however from the dozen or so fishermen there. The trout seems to be adjusting to their new home so I'm guessing maybe tomorrow may be a good day for the stockers.

I did have a question about bass at the lake. The lake pretty much looks like a huge swimming pool--no tree stumps, docks, structure, shrubs, plants, overhanging trees, etc--places that bass like to hang out near. So where do you cast? Is there some underwater reef that the bass like to chill near. It seems like a place where you simply cast and hope for the best.

yo whats up fellow fisherman i live near Alondra park but never been there i plan to go fish there sometime this week i hear mix reviews but ive decided to check it out for my self . ll let you know what the deal is.i noticed you wanted to fish for bass check out kenneth hahn lake there are some big ones in there ive seen some there that were at least 8lbs

Default catfish?

Anyone catchin any cats at Alondra? I caught some a few months back but haven't been there since.

Any sightings of the Gar in there.
    Real or Urban Legend ?
    DR

the gar is real .. i saw it with my own eyes :P

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Any sightings of the Gar in there.
    Real or Urban Legend ?
    DR
    Yes it is real. I saw 2 different gars..one was close to 4 ft long and the other 2ft long. Last year tge DFG Warden told me on 2 separate occasions not release any gars if I ever caught any. A few of the local fisherman believe the last gar was caught recently...From what I understand there were 3 to 5 gars.

I havent fished alondra yet this year since i recently moved about 1/2 a mile from el dorado park.. but caught some really nice bass at alondra the past couple years. Heres just a couple of the many hawgz me and a friend have pulled out on both plastics and top water.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyHappyHooknHawgz View Post
    I havent fished alondra yet this year since i recently moved about 1/2 a mile from el dorado park.. but caught some really nice bass at alondra the past couple years. Heres just a couple of the many hawgz me and a friend have pulled out on both plastics and top water.

OMG! Those hogs were caught in that oversized swimming pool!

biggest ive landed out of the oversized swimming pool/alondra was probably somewhere close to 11 lbs (the hawg maxed my scale out at 10 lbs :P) Best part was that i caught it topwater using a zara spook =]

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast