Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Mile Square Park - 6/27/10

Default Mile Square Park - 6/27/10

Never fished here before, but set up on the west side of the south lake. Threw out some nightcrawlers in hopes of hooking up something....anything since it's been 1.5 years since the last time I wet a line. Only managed one solid strike and missed it during the first hour so I decided to rig up with a tiny hook and small nightcrawler chunks. After 4 hours (7:30-11:30 a.m.) and my girlfriend getting both bored and hungry, we decided to call it a day. Ended up with countless bluegill and sun fish all smaller than the palm of my hand. Nothing to write home about so no pics. Not much action for the other anglers either, but one guy said he got a catfish around 5 a.m. All in all, it was a good day just being out and taking in the nice weather. Will be starting to fish the local park lakes (close to Santa/Tustin/Orange) so hopefully I'll have some worthy posts and pics in the near future.

i'll be trying mile square this week. so maybe i'll see you around..