Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2nd annual Imperial Valley Family flathead and channel tournament - May 15 - 16

Here are one of those AA flats bluehunter is talking about .

Yep that was a beast. Thanks for posting.

B

1. Bluehunter+ 1
    2. Team760 and Gina.
    3. LowDesertJon
    4. Trueblue +1
    5. Big Daddy Kane and family.
    6. Ryan7878
    7. Katnip +3
    8. SyKo450
    9. oatums
    10. Mangles +2
    11. Catfishgrabbin +5

1. Bluehunter+ 1
    2. Team760 and Gina.
    3. LowDesertJon
    4. Trueblue +1
    6. Ryan7878
    7. Katnip +3
    8. SyKo450
    9. oatums
    10. Mangles +2
    11. Catfishgrabbin +5
    12. Earl +1

1. Bluehunter+ 1
    2. Team760 and Gina.
    3. LowDesertJon
    4. Trueblue +1
    6. Ryan7878
    7. Katnip +3
    8. SyKo450
    9. oatums
    10. Mangles +2
    11. Catfishgrabbin +5
    12. Earl +1
    13. Mag

Recent reports from those on the go is that the flathead bite has broke wide open in the Imperial valley area. This region has the best flathead bite as of now with reports of people getting 20 runs in one night . And these flats are biting during daylight hours on the Alamo. A 27 pounder came from a pipe in the IV area as well last week. Quite a few fellas is going on the scout this coming weekend checking out the Alamo and also the All American for flats and the coachella for channels. I will scout it out the weekend of the 8th fishing both the Alamo and the All American. Those wishing to get in on the scout it is advisable that you do so that you can pre determine the spot you will fish at. There is so much water down here and open places you can fish at it is amazing - however with a lot of the regulars from the local towns in the IV - it may be advisable that you check out the area to establish a plan a,b,c, and d plan in case your spot is taken up. Flyers have already been generated locally in the area. Interest in this years event is even higher than last year it seems so add that to the internet people we are bound to reach similar marks as last year or break it beyond the 50 people mark which was almost our mark last year. Any questions or inquiries hit us up. We will let the local bait shops in Calipatria and El Centro know about the event in that they will stock up on goldfish. There are bluegill areas all around you can get bait at as well. Tilapia too.

B
    Last edited by bluehunter; 04-26-2010 at 08:34 PM.

On deck as a sponsor in the event is Mainline bait and tackle of El Centro. They will have goldfish, shiners, crawdads, stinkbait, livers, and cut mack on deck for those that need it on the registering of the event Sat morning. Also a special prize will go to the winner of the kids division.

A big encouragement is going out for people to bring your kids in this event. There are plenty of open areas you can get channels at like the highline, coachella, Main, All American, and tamarack that is a good channel fishery. If you need specific detail and help on those areas contact us in advance and team 760 as he lives in the area and have knowledge on fishing areas that you can venture. The day of event will be too late, so let us know. More pertinent information to follow soon.

B
    Last edited by bluehunter; 04-28-2010 at 08:17 AM.

One week away peeps. I went out this past weekend and did a little test run on the Alamo. Report coming later tonite.

Any last minute questions or anything else hit me up.

B

Quick little run down. Found a lot of good areas to fish. Found some good bluegill holes thanx to my partner team760. Relaxed and had a good tiem out there.

I think next week will be a good turn out and folks will get in on some fish. I cracked a channel at 7 pounds. A double D flathead and 3 missed runs two of which broke off one due to snagg and the other all fish. Rather it happen this weekend than next weekend though as I am still a rookie in IV waters and it is different than the Palo Verde and Co River in a lot of ways. For one the Mo is deeper and has faster current plus drops in a few locations.AAC is definitely faster in most of it. Have some good footage plus I also recorded a snake that went pass me as I woke up to a phone call from Todd and low and behold a snake is making his way across from me! LOL.

I took a lot of pics and burned a lot of gas searching areas on the Alamo. Will get the other stuff out later tomorrow including the snake. On the way home picked up a custom made livewell decked out from wood from club member Ryan to use for tournaments of live flats/channels and even use for bait fish. Its a beautiful and excellent set up and is just what I needed. Its big, but it will do. I need a pick up truck on my next car searching. : ) Will leave a few pics. Other stuff from weekend coming later. Time to hit the sack.

B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4B8kMXAvqE

Dznam, the livewell is bomb! Ya, your sure gona need a pickup for that bad boy.

What a beautiful snake! Not sure, but it looked like a Kingsnake. We all should hope so because the EAT Rattlesnakes!

Yo B, how unselfish of you to be burnin feul to help all the fist-timers have a chance at finding a descent spot to fish for the derby. The least I could do is support! Put Bonz on the list...I B Der! And I'll be sportn' my WCCM shirt> Baby Babaay!!!!

Nice video too. Hey, you had a couple of shots where two rods were set up...is that one possible spot to get my toon in the water?

Good Lookin.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast