Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Late Report from CA Aqueduct 04/09

Default Late Report from CA Aqueduct 04/09

I’ve been fishing in southern California lakes for many years and have never caught stripers that were larger than 20lbs. And, I always dreamed of catching a monster that weight at least 30lbs plus. Well, this past Thursday that dream came true. My neighbor and I decided to go to the California Aqueduct early morning fishing. Sure is a long drive from Orange County and he said it worth it, and we got there at 6:30am.

For the next 2 ½ hours, we worked our ways along the duct and got two fishes between 4 and 7 lbs., not that exciting but sure was a good work out. Then Just 5 minutes before we packed up our gears to go home, I decided to use my old AC Plug. This one of my favorite lures I used extensively to catch countless stripers at Lake Skinner, Silverwood, Diamond and Castaic Lakes. On my 4th casts and BAMMMN, I felt something got my lure and it pulled so hard. I thought my 15lbs Ultra Maxima line going to break. Thanks God that it didn’t happen. For next 30 minutes, I battled this Leviathan, tired him up and won. I brought it home, measured 42’’ and weight 37lbs. No one was happier then my mom for she never seen any striper this big before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	striper3..jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	21744   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	striper1..jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	21745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	striper4..jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	21746   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	striper2..jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	21747   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	striper5..jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	21748  

Last edited by AngkorStriper; 04-11-2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: unable to uploand picture

oh man i need to see pics

Sorry but need pics .........

cutbait Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    Sorry but need pics .........
    Agreeeeed!

Quote Originally Posted by AngkorStriper View Post
    I’ve been fishing in southern California lakes for many years and have never caught stripers that were larger than 20lbs. And, I always dreamed of catching a monster that weight at least 30lbs plus. Well, this past Thursday that dream came true. My neighbor and I decided to go to the California Aqueduct early morning fishing. Sure is a long drive from Orange County and he said it worth it, and we got there at 6:30am.

For the next 2 ½ hours, we worked our ways along the duct and got two fishes between 4 and 7 lbs., not that exciting but sure was a good work out. Then Just 5 minutes before we packed up our gears to go home, I decided to use my old AC Plug. This one of my favorite lures I used extensively to catch countless stripers at Lake Skinner, Silverwood, Diamond and Castaic Lakes. On my 4th casts and BAMMMN, I felt something got my lure and it pulled so hard. I thought my 15lbs Ultra Maxima line going to break. Thanks God that it didn’t happen. For next 30 minutes, I battled this Leviathan, tired him up and won. I brought it home, measured 42’’ and weight 37lbs. No one was happier then my mom for she never seen any striper this big before.
    Last time I checked , today is April 11, not April 1.
    So, we do need some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by AngkorStriper View Post

Wow. Congrats on the catch! Hope you can post those pictures up soon.

Sorry guys I just uploaded the picture. I was having tech. problem earlier this morning

WOW!! Great day at the Duct....That's a Monster!! Congradulations!....I duct fish in the Phelan,Hesperia, and Victorville Area.... What section of the Duct were you fishing?..... Was it your first time there???....... Man I'm jealous!.....NICE FISH!!!!
    Last edited by M@M; 04-11-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Amazing catch. I would also like to know what section of the duct you were fishing were you fishing in the Antelope Valley or over in Bakersfield?

What was in that big stomach?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast