Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crappie Slaying at Elsinore 04/09

Default Tuesday 04/13/2010 Crappie Slay Chapter 2

Tuesday 04/13/2010 Crappie Slay Chapter 2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4476.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	21793Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4473.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	21794
    Last edited by TheRiver; 04-14-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Jumpman
    If you're driving back from the lake to corona, there is not any traffic at all. I live in Torrance.... we left the lake about 6:00pm on last Friday and 6.30PM on yesterday. I would wait until the weather gets steadily warmer again before I try the shore/bank, that's when the shore anglers were catch most of their crappie.

If anyone lives near Torrance, I'd be glad to give you a couple of these slabs. but probably just the first two members who PM me.

awesome, near which shore/bank where they cathing them at?
    -bb

On the north-end of the lake in 3, 4 and 5 feet of water, find some structure in the water or brush area.
    I caught two of my slabs in 2 1/2 feet of water (while in a boat) yesterday. If you have boat just go to the north end use a green mini jig or float (with a bobber) a live or dead shad or feeder gold fish in about 5 feet of water.
    Last edited by TheRiver; 04-14-2010 at 07:08 PM.

feeder gold fish in about 5 feet of water

Very bad my friend, good way to ruin a lake, just look at all the goldfish in Big Bear, stick to natural baits or artificial, you might catch a bunch today, but won't be any tomorrow or the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Just look at the carp in Elsinore......
    What do you think carp are?
    No need the worry... Elsinore is not a lake I frequent, so there's plenty of fish for you and everyone else.
    May go out one more time this year before I head out to THERIVER, just waiting for it to get really hot!

theriver
    Last edited by TheRiver; 04-15-2010 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiver View Post
    On the north-end of the lake in 3, 4 and 5 feet of water, find some structure in the water or brush area.
    I caught two of my slabs in 2 1/2 feet of water (while in a boat) yesterday. If you have boat just go to the north end use a green mini jig or float (with a bobber) a live or dead shad or feeder gold fish in about 5 feet of water.

Feeder Gold fish ? So thats your ? I am almost certain your not allowed to use live goldfish for bait in Ca.. Flyline a goldfish . Sheesh........
    Last edited by Troutman65; 04-15-2010 at 05:31 PM.

As individuals in this world we are not allowed to do a lot of things, but what's happens? people still do them. Even some things that I feel are wrong and illegal that people do..... I point finger a shake my head at them. C'mon I'm sure you don't play by all the rules in life.

Now back to fishing like I said before, we caught the majority of our fish on green jigs in fact we lost (lost fish/broke our lines) all our green jigs had to pull the boat out and go get the exact kind of jig at Target! Some bit feeders but that particular green colored jig was what they were biting fastest. May be out there on Friday...(red and white 21 foot boat) for those who want to know the hot spots.

theriver

As individuals in this world we are not allowed to do a lot of things, but what's happens? people still do them. Even some things that I feel are wrong and illegal that people do..... I point finger a shake my head at them. C'mon I'm sure you don't play by all the rules in life.
    Is that going to be your closing argument in court when you get busted for doing something knowingly illegal?

Now back to fishing like I said before, we caught the majority of our fish on green jigs in fact we lost (lost fish/broke our lines) all our green jigs had to pull the boat out and go get the exact kind of jig at Target! Some bit feeders but that particular green colored jig was what they were biting fastest. May be out there on Friday...(red and white 21 foot boat) for those who want to know the hot spots.

theriver
    Do you know what the first rule of doing illegal things is? Don't talk about doing illegal thing! (In a public forum, easily accessible by those how could catch you) First you use the goldfish illegally, now you are clearly stating it on here?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast