Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crappie Slaying at Elsinore 04/09

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiver View Post
    The launch fees are $20 per boat. a fishing permit is only needed for shore fishing. If you're taking the boat out.... anyone/everyone on the boat doesn't need a permit to fish.
    how much they charge to fish at marina? did you saw any fish at shore? thanks for update.

Yes a fishing permit is needed for shore fishing and cost $10
    Yes there were some fish landed from the shore. One guy had caught 8 as counted
    in his basket and another who had fished for 4hrs, had 4 fish with three being nice slabs.

There's a lot of huge crappie in the lake and the really hot bite (slaying) has not really even started yet. As the weather gets warmer the bite should go off, even from the shore.
    There were a lot of shore anglers on Friday but not everyone was hooking up. I did notice guys netting shad and in turn using them for bait. May go out Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I will update.

hope your pole bends..........

thanks for the heads up. would try fish elsi wed morning. yeap this year is way late, last season it was over now.

Wow- did not think of Elsinore for crappie- I know that the Perris crappie bite has been growing the last couple of years, with bigger and more fish- Elsinore as well?

Default There's still a few left swimming

Not close to last year's type of action but we also managed to get a few, ha!

I am sure there will be a rush of fisherman going out there very soon . LOL

Yeah! with 721 views and counting I'm sure they'll be some anglers going out there real soon.
    I think they will pick up even more in the coming weeks. I think the off and on weather have the fish (and their seasonal habits) a bit confused.
    If we catch tons again on Tuesday (or Wednesday) I plan on giving some away to the shore fishermen. Don't really know how they'll (crappie) do after the rain but we'll see. Hopefully I'll have more pic's

good luck to those who are going out!

Nice Crappie Slayage!

Thanks...
    Went back today and caught 30 crappie (me and my brother combined) 1 bass (3lbs) released, on a crappie jig and 1 nice Kitty Cat. Will post a couple of pic's tomorrow, I'm beat!

DUDE, FRIGGIN AWSOME MAN. what a experience, i have never caught or had one to try. you will have to let me know how they taste, i have watched wally marshal crappie fish and have wanted to try it. I am not sure though if i wanna drive the 15 to corona cause the way back for me will be heay traffic. good job man

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast