Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silverwood lake

Default Silverwood lake

Hi guys first thread post.I will be at silverwood this weekend. Need some tips in what bait I should use and good spots ect. Appreciate the help

Power Bait, Cleghorn.....

if your looking for mr stripey then huck some anchovies cut off the head and tails for the coves and the dam. Went on friday and got the skunk for the trouts but got 2 stripers in twin coves on the chovies
    Last edited by rjonly; 04-08-2010 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rjonly View Post
    if your looking for mr stripey then huck some anchovies cut off the head and tail and head for the coves and the dam. Went on friday and got the skunk for the trouts but got 2 stripers in twin coves on the chovies
    Haven't been over to that side in a while, looks like I need to try something different. Thanks!

If your fishing for trout try power bait in your basic colors and inline spinners.
    For bass try wacky rigging a senko. Cast it to the bank lifting it slowly and letting it fall back to the bottom. Also drop shotting will catch them. Just slowly drag and lightly shake your rod tip. Your basic colors should work.Try the right side of the point straight across the boat docks for bass. Theres a drop of that the fish hang out right before the are in the spawning mode.Also the first cove to the right of the marina will produce fish. For trout focus on the sand bars in the coves. For bass focus on structure (rocks stumps trees bushes ). Good luck out there

thanks guys ... i'm just staring so i don't really know much about fishing but i want t o learn . i have berkley worms. will those be good, i also have one power bait and garlic dip. t i don't know how to set up my rod properly so if you have any pics or suggestions on how to set up the rod pls help maybe thats why i never catch anything.

Youtube.com is a great way of finding out rigging instructions and how to use them. For the power bait you want to have a carolina rig (youtube). Carolina rigging for trout you need a lead egg sinker on your main line(6lb test) with a swivel attached to the end and a 1 foot leader of 6 or 4 lb test with a small gold treble hook or bait hook. Then cover the hook with power bait so that its a little bit bigger than a size of a pea. There are many berkley worms out there so I dont know what you really have, but if its 5 inches or smaller I would drop shot(youtube) it on 6 pound test with your spinning reel. You can catch bass and trout doing that. If your worms are bigger than 5 inches I would texas-rig(youtube) it. What kind of rod and reel do you have ?

things to search for on youtube.com
    -texas rigging worms
    -drop shotting worms
    -carolina rigging for trout

Good luck
    Last edited by largemouthlad; 04-08-2010 at 06:34 PM.

largemouthlad thanks for all these tips i really want to learn everything there is to know hehehehei have shakespeare 6'00 medium action 6-12lb line

Glad to help.Thats a good starter rod. What brand reel do you have ?
    Last edited by largemouthlad; 04-08-2010 at 08:20 PM.

well i bought it at walmart for 30 dollars it was a combo with some spinners and berklety worms its also a shakespeare

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast