Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: SARL 4/3/10 First Post woooop!

Default SARL 4/3/10 First Post woooop!

Alrighty, my first post EVER and also my first time at SARL. Got done shredding the mountain at 4 and headed straight to SARL for the evening sesh, with a buddy and another buddy and his wife. They were determined to beat the skunk. I had to make up for the skunk the night before off the jetty. Found a spot away from the crowded shore but it was super windy and no bites for a while. Basketball shorts on a cold windy day is no bueno. So decided to get closer to the docks before it got dark and tried a few cast ...nothing, used diff powerbaits ...nothing. Seeing jumping fish everywhere just teased the crap out of me.
    So busted out with the glow in the dark dough bait with pink powerworm, pretty long leader and drop shot it the rest of the night. BAMMMM RAINBOW bout a pound.........30 mins same bait then bam my first ever lightnight trout!!!! great fight for a few mins and really good size.
    As the trucks came telling us we had to clean up both my poles went crazy as if the fish wanted to come home with me for the night haha. AWESOME TWO MORE LIGHTNINGS FOR ME!!!! haha friends still skunked it oh well. And let me tell you delicious fish!!!

dang pekso.. they still got some lighting??

man i wanna get some of those.. i heard they do tasted better than the rainbows.. also im waiting for the browns to be back in a few weeks from now.. nice fish.. cant wait to get back there again.. lately ive been there almost every sat..

Nice report! Way to get on them on a tough night. Thanks for the report and great first post!

great job on LIGHTNING trout I figured they were all gone.

nice looking fish but is that a worm hanging out its gill?

Way to beat the skunk! Grat job scoring those lightnings!! and of course welcome to the boards.