Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much of a tackle whore are u? POST YOUR ADDICTION

http://www.aetv.com/hoarders/

Each 60-minute episode of Hoarders is a fascinating look inside the lives of two different people whose inability to part with their belongings is so out of control that they are on the verge of a personal crisis.

I wish I could afford something new.
    DR

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    Nope ...nope ... nope. Do you go to Europe or mail for them? Wonder why they don't offer them in USA ... most of us are suckers for a new lure ... aren't we? Your note reminded me I have a "Balzer" spinner I got in Germany because my last name is Baltz. Of course, I can't use it for fear of losing it. Geez, I remember when the mepps first became a hot lure ... like the phoebe. Gold spinner with the red plastic sleeve on the hook. Owens river ... fish on. If you were fishing the June Loop you better have a gold phoebe or don't bother going out.
    Nah, I get them whenever I am back in France to visit the family. If we ever fish, I'll give ya a couple seeing that you enjoy collecting trout lures as much as I do. I've given some French lures out to FNNers in the past. They make some really productive lures, good patterns and sizes.

It's funny how anglers, depending on their region, tend to emphasize one lure over an other. For example, out in Arizona on the "Rim", or out in the White Mountains, the "Z-Ray" has always been a very popular lure. Not so much in SoCal from what I can tell. Over here in SoCal, the last 5 years or so it seems people have "re-discovered" Thomas Buoyants, so much that that once small company has a new line up of the lighter spoons. Same thig with dressed size 00 to 2 spinners.....not popular in SoCal from what I can tell, but a "go to" in most places in Colorado.

DockRat: funny and good point. But I differentiate myself from a "hoarder" in that my gear actually gets used on a regular basis!!
    Last edited by sansou; 04-04-2010 at 12:27 PM.

I just can't walk out of a tackle store without buying some more stuff. I've hammered them with Zrays down by the beach at June Lake on opening day. I probably have 10-15 Zrays.

Oh help ....

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post
    DockRat: funny and good point. But I differentiate myself from a "hoarder" in that my gear actually gets used on a regular basis!!
    I would bet you don't use 'All' of your gear ?
    Probably the only ones who use all of thier gear is a Noobie with very little gear.
    Kinda like dishes, most of us have something on a upper shelf that never get's used.
    But it is cool and we like it.

DR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123