Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skinner LMB last week

Default Skinner LMB last week

Usually my brother and I travel to Georgia to fish with my dad but this year we convinced him to come West and fish on Diamond Valley Lake. This was the first time he has fished in the year since my mom passed away so this was a big deal.
    We made it to DVL only to be denied access because the boat motor had water on it. I think it was from condensation but they were not taking any chances The guy was very nice about it though and after getting a bit pissed off I had to own it since I knew the rules and it was wet. I was bummed though because if you are turned away you cannot return for a full 7 days! The whole time dad was here.
    Anyway, we went to Skinner since they already have all the evil mussels and do not inspect on the way in.
    Skinner was not crowded and we ended up doing some really cool sight fishing since the bass were shallow. Not really on beds yet but in the weeds and shallow sandy areas.
    After fishing along the weeds for awhile dad suggested we drift across some flats. He started using what he calls the Seminole Dragon Rig while we drifted and caught a nice 2-3 LB bass. We drifted again and my brother landed his personal best bass (just shy of 7 LBS)! I still cannot believe that worked and I did not catch anything this way.
    The rest of the week we fished Skinner with success mostly on Senkos in the shallows weeds. Another strange thing - the best color Senko was a blend of several colors that had been stored together and bled into new colors. All quality fish. Not exactly WFO but enough for us to stay interested. All in all we had a great time and dad was glad made the trip. I hope to get back to Skinner this weekend...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CRW_5627..jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	21493   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dad..jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	21494   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JOE..jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	21495  

Sounds like your Pops has it going on. Good work.

Yeah, he does. Still cannot out-fish him!

Sorry that you didnt get a chance the fish the Jewel. But, Skinner is a nice place and has some quality fish. Afterall its the quality time together as a family that counts.

The bass on the first pic looks pretty big, nice !!