Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Lake Tahoe help

Default Lake Tahoe help

hey guys im not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but does any 1 have an idea of how good fishing is in lake tahoe because i plan on taking some family that are coming from a different country there and i want to know if it would be a nice place to take them fishing.your help is appreciated thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by adriiiian View Post
    hey guys im not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but does any 1 have an idea of how good fishing is in lake tahoe because i plan on taking some family that are coming from a different country there and i want to know if it would be a nice place to take them fishing.your help is appreciated thanks guys
    Been there a few times way back. Most the fishing is done by a charter. Could be a littlle expensive. The Lake is huge is very deep. Clear lake but is not as clear as years past. The wind is a real ***** and can cause trouble. The two main species caught are the Makinaw trout Kokanee salmon. The Mackinaw is another name for a lake trout. These fish a trolled for a drifted at times. Minnows and Lake trout spoons do well. Down riggers to 100 to 300 ft deep are the rule. There are a few spots from shore for trout but a very difficult if not a regular.

FISHINGBEE

thanks man i really appreciate it

I was just there about 2 weeks ago and I picked up some info on the fishing from their info center. If you want PM me your email address and I'll forward a copy to you.