Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Long Beach battling the winds

Default Long Beach battling the winds

Went out with a couple buddies and tried to hide behind the oil islands til the winds died down but that never happened. Got some small grade fish but that got old really quick. Told my skipper to let me captain and it was game on. Told my mates that I would work the boat and they can fish. Got to the front side and set up the drift. It was a fast drift so we had to work it fast. I would have to bump the boat every once in a while but it went well. The last time I fished was in Vallarta so it was much needed time on hook and line. Jackpot fish was the 7 pound sandy that the rookie caught on a Walmart rig. Figures right? The hands you see belong to a 6'-2" friend of mine. Kept 3 sandies and the rest went back in the drink.

Some pics were taken with my phone and some with my camera. Wanted to text the pics to Letty. Sure missed bassing...

Location - Long Beach
    Time - Sundown til 9pm
    Water Temp - 57 deg
    Winds - 25kt from the NW
    Fish Location - Tight to rocks in about 2 feet of water.
    Moon Phase - FULL!
    Tide movement - Fast incoming.

nice lookin fish.also got the birdie

That one sandie was nice looking.
    Good job out there in the dark.
    Robert