Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plan B yields PB Striper on Fly

Default Plan B yields PB Striper on Fly

Wanted to make my first island run of the year this weekend, but it was not to be. Had to go with Plan B, and hit Castaic instead. They'd just planted trout at the east ramp, so we focused on that area. There were not a lot of fish around, but those that showed themselves were of nice size.

Soaking a Dave's shad fly in 55 feet of water, I got stopped cold on my retrieve. A couple of big heads shakes later, and the fish took off. First time I'd been into my backing on a freshwater fish in a while. At 8lbs, this would be my personal best striper.

Finished out the day solo, as Dave had to leave to go work at the shop. Found the schoolies on the points and whacked 'em pretty good. Had to get off the lake early, just as the bite was really getting insane. Almost a fish a cast.

Fun day...

GOOD JOB ROB IVE SEEN MORE AND MORE FLYGUYS GETTING THE STRIPERS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,CONGRATS ON THE P.B.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,

Nice fish. Congrats bringin 'em in on the fly. not a lot of folks do the fly thing at castaic.

thats the first report i read on the fly for stripers.nice catch

great catch .....gotta love the stripers on the fly

It was nice to meet you out there Rob. Congrats on your PB.
    It was slow for us....

KPN.

Nice!!!

I'd love to catch one of those on spinning gear, let alone a fly rod!

Very nice fish. I just bought me a fly rod. I am going to go try and get me an evolution reel this week. Hope to see you out there.

Quote Originally Posted by kpn View Post
    It was nice to meet you out there Rob. Congrats on your PB.
    It was slow for us....

KPN.
    After I left you guys, I found 'em over where you and Scott started your day. Nothing big, but lots of willing biters over there.

Where Can U Get Those Flies At U Were Using...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast