Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Nph 3-27-10

Default Nph 3-27-10

Took the kayak out yesterday and had a blast in the harbor. Between my dad and i we managed 20+ bass (mix of spotted and sand bass) and 3 short halibut. Fish were caught on big hammer swimbaits and berkley gulp shrimp. The bite wasnt as steady as we had hoped for but we would get into little flurries here and there and you really had to be on your game during those periods. Reading the electronics was key to getting bit, you had to mark bait and good bottom structure or you were fishing in a desert.

Adam,

i think i saw you guys out there. i was walking around fishing the docks. looks like you guys did real well.

good job

nice report from nph,always nice catchin sandies and spotties.

Nice job on the slay Adam,
    You'll get that legal hali soon enough.
    Robert

Nice job out there. Me and my girl were out there fishin the same day. I see the tide was up in a particular area that we fished in one of your pics. We didn't get out there till the tide was going out.

Beautiful Pictures. Thanks for posting!

Looks like you and dad had a nice day on the water! Based on the picks you fished some very different parts of the harbor! You get around very well in yak!

Sporadic bite was what we experienced as well on the following day! The key is to keep moving and find the bite.

Wish I could learn to read the finder like that and make it produce!

Thanks for the report!

Steve

Anytime that is spent father/son time cannot be beat, especially on the water. Some of my best memories ever.

Congrats.

Nice report. Looks like I'll have to put a graph on my yak. Ooh, more money for the fishing addiction.