Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 1st time at NPH

Default 1st time at NPH

I decided to go down to NPH due to all the posts from everyone. Got there at about 5:30am fished till 8:30am. The tide was fairly low and I have never fished here so I just threw swim baits at the docks and boats. I literally threw one at a boat and had to run down a private dock to untangle it from the boats clete. When I got off the dock some angry middle aged man said i made footprints on his dock and now he has to clean it. A couple of his neighbors walked by and said don't mind him he is nuts. Anyway I caught 3 spotties and missed a couple. I ended up catching them all on a public dock in deeper water. It appeared to me at low tide unless you are wading you can't get tp the fish but, maybe I am wrong. I took a picture of the only big one. Have a nice weekend everyone.

Apparently the file was to big to import sorry. It was a 2 and a half pounder lol.Sorry.

hey email the pic to me and ill put it up for you. i was there as well, ill post a report as well.

Here ya go. Nice Spottie!

1st of all nice Spottie!!
    If you plan on going there alot, you're going to get hung up alot on the docks. Trespassing on those private docks(during daylight hours), will not only get you into trouble(maybe) but the rest of us fishermen will be getting a bad rap. It's best to use less expensive jig heads and just break your line if you're bait gets hung up.

I think the guy was actually being nice to you, he could of called the cops or harbor patrol for you trespassing on his dock.
    You dont know me, and all of that sounded harsh maybe but if we want to keep fishing in those areas, we gotta be cool.
    Thanks, hopefully you understand

I hear ya klocked. There was no issue with the guy and it actually was not his dock. In any case I am always respectful of my surroundings just didn't want a guy to see a swimbait stuck to his boat that may be worse for the fisherman of nph lol. See ya down there one day.

i also lost plenty of leadheads and plastics there,i will not walk on those docks, under, around is fine but not on..i dont need to be harassed by anybody in newport,i really dont fit the profile of the area.chicano with a bald head.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Only View Post
    I decided to go down to NPH due to all the posts from everyone.
    I think you guys are nuts for internet broadcasting. Just call the place OC, why feed the bucket crowd that will come
    and cause problems like 'More Enforcement' and 'Less Spotties'
    Nice job on the spotties.
    DR

Gotta Love Crazy People!
    They make the world go around....
    Thanks for the report,
    Robert