Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Nph

Default Nph

Is the newport bait barge back and with bait?

Not yet, usually around middle of april

Default posted @ another site about 7 days ago

Politics and the government can sure screw up things -- not to mention the other junk being shoved down everyone's throat - but that our recreational pastime to "get away from it all" is being restricted again- an call for some assistance from those in favor of the live bait operation in Newport Harbor. The city has verbally approved us to start our operations on April 1 of this year, but as we are getting closer to the date, they are telling me that we do not have approval to put the barge in place yet. I have been told the same thing for approximately two weeks with no progress. Shellmaker, who is putting the barge in place, is only available March 30 and next availability is April 7. The barge will take three days to prep and be ready to store bait. So, the April 7th date makes us miss two weekends in April already. The sport boats out of Daveys Locker and Newport Landing are advertising and counting on our April 1 starting date as well. I’m hoping that you guys can assist me in letting the City know the importance and need for our operations to begin sooner than later. As you know the seabass are starting to bite and if squid is available, we plan to have it in the barge for at least the weekends. At this stage of the game I feel a need to put more pressure on the city would benefit all involved in the local fishing industry. Contact at the Harbor Resources Division - Chris Miller 949-644-3043 email address is cmiller@newportbeachca.gov Tell him your thoughts on the matter--- Thanks you very much for your help! San Pedro Bait Co--