Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 03/22/10

Default 03/22/10

I fish DVL once or twice a year, usually in a rental. I heard about the BassTaxi on this board and decided to give Ken a call. Met up right as the gates opened...I bought a bag of ice as he launched the boat. 10 minutes later I was headed to my first spot.

Overall the day was cool and windy and I saw a lot of small fish swimming shallow with a few on beds. No bedfishing due to the wind but I managed 15-18 (1.5-2.5 lbs) for the day all on dropshot.

I started off in the outhouse cove on the north side of the lake trying to get a reaction bite (spinnerbait, jerkbait) for about 30-45 minutes for nothing. Switched to dropshot and got the first bite after a few casts. I caught 7 fish from this cove in the first 2 hours...4 from the very back to the right side and another 3 out of the pocket right behind/next to the outhouse.

I had planned to head to the small dam and throw senkos but the wind had kicked up pretty good so the plan had to change. I headed across the lake and fished the small coves and pockets on either side of the long skinny point.

I concentrated on the small protected pockets (calm water) and threw the first cast right into the "v" of the vegetation (6-8') caught quite a few this way on the first cast. If I didn't get bit I would drag down into 15-20'...caught quite a few in this range. Picked up a few random fish along the brush line (5-10') casting as I moved between points and pockets.

The bite was soft and it was difficult keeping on a spot due to the wind so it felt like a tough day even though I caught a few fish. All fish were caught on 4.5" Aaron's Magic Roboworm, 3/16oz weight and 6lb FC.

A few of the fish...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3431..jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	21419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3432..jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	21420   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3433..jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	21421   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3434..jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	21422   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3435..jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	21423  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3438..jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	21424  

Now that's a sweet report; thanks for the details. Taking the Father-in-law out all day Sunday and I am due...

Very nice!