Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Ventura Area?

Default Ventura Area?

I want to try a little ocean fishing this Sunday. I live in Ventura and dont know where to fish for what....

Any tips? Not looking for a particular type of fish, just where I may be able to catch some thats NOT on the pier.

Im thinking of working the jetty's to the south of the Pier @ downtown, and then maybe even heading to the harbor with some light tackle.

Any bait presentation suggestions?

What kind of rig is good. I might throw with my freshwater spinning rod. 6'6" Fast / Med Action St. Croix with a Shimano w/e and 6lb Seaguar Flouro.

Thanks in Advance

I'm still new to this 'light line" stuff too, check past post by flynby, Bones, bsp & Wingnut(please forgive me if I left out anybody), found them all helpfull. Also see if there's a tackle shop near you that carries a book by Bill Varney, Jr. "Surf Fishing" the light line revolution. Picked up a copy a little while back, can't wait to try out what I've learned (Might even be this Sunday)!

Hope you find this helpful.
    Best of luck,
    LW
    Last edited by Liteweight; 03-26-2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: additional information

Go down to 5th Street , walk the beach north using either a C-rig gulp camo sandworm , or chuck Krocs or Kastmasters
    for BSP and YFC

Lucky Craft 110 in Metallic Sardine.....then CAST & RETRIEVE BABY!!!
    Good Luck,
    Robert

Hey McFingers, that area is great for surf perch.
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=14334

Quote Originally Posted by Cangler View Post
    Go down to 5th Street , walk the beach north using either a C-rig gulp camo sandworm , or chuck Krocs or Kastmasters
    for BSP and YFC
    Thanks.

BSP are surf perch and YFC is???

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Lucky Craft 110 in Metallic Sardine.....then CAST & RETRIEVE BABY!!!
    Good Luck,
    Robert
    Im guessing for Butts?