Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: lagoon, late report

Not humanly possible to hold it further away from your body towards the camera

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbito View Post
    Wow, nice hating!

I am a c & r guy also, but people who are liscensed are entitled to take their legal limit. Don't be mad at people who take their legal limit home. I understand that all females should be released also (especially if spawning), but the guys who over-reacts when they see a fish get taken home are people who is not universal at fishing, meaning that they only know of one way to catch fish and one species of fish. If your fishing hole is not producing for you anymore, then find another one. That is truly how one can become a GREAT ANGLER. FISHBONES is right, get mad at the poachers. I am a LARGEMOUTH BASS person only, and they live EVERYWHERE. If you don't like how your fishing hole is being fished LEGALLY, then MOVE ELSEWHERE.

Default Lagoon-late report

I agree with Fireball in that if all caught bass are kept it ruins the fishery as a whole. All true bass fishermen practice Catch and Release. If you want to keep them keep it to yourself and dont brag about it. BobS

Who cares that he kept it. It's one bass, not 20. The guy probably fed his family with it and has every right to do so. It is a regulated fishery and the lagoon is thriving with TONS of bass.

If everyone kept every bluegill, crappie, striper, catfish, seabass, halibut, yellowtail, ect. they caught, there would be none of them left either.

Just sayin, don't make the guy feel like a piece of crap for keepin one bass...

I personally let all my bass go but I'm not required to.

LOL
    Last edited by Agro; 03-24-2010 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agro View Post
    Who cares that he kept it. It's one bass, not 20. The guy probably fed his family with it and has every right to do so. It is a regulated fishery and the lagoon is thriving with TONS of bass.
    If everyone kept every bluegill, crappie, striper, catfish, seabass, halibut, yellowtail, ect. they caught, there would be none of them left either.
    Just sayin, don't make the guy feel like a piece of crap for keepin one bass...
    I personally let all my bass go but I'm not required to.
    LOL
    X2....i feel the same way.....

Quote Originally Posted by BobS View Post
    if all caught bass are kept it ruins the fishery as a whole. All true bass fishermen practice Catch and Release. If you want to keep them keep it to yourself and dont brag about it. BobS
    do you feel the same way about calico bass or spotted bay bass....? cuz there GOOD to eat.....my other point is there alot of bass in the goon and there are LAWS that allow them to be kept....if you dont like that then write your state,stop fishing or get over it cuz its legal....once again...i am a C&R guy and it took me a while to understand and except this but after i did i was able to give guys that work hard catching fish just like me and you props...even knowing he is going to keep it and seeing it with my own eyes, yes it hurts but does it ruin my day or do i preach bass nazism on him. No i give him props and carry on with my day. hes got a license,rod reel,bait....he earned it....fishbones

Oh damn! Nothing personal against people who keep their Bass, but I have always believed in C & R so the Bass can get bigger and reproduce. When I feel like eating fish, I just hit up McD's on Friday nights for the Filet O Fish special! PS " I heard the Mc Rib's coming back, just FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbito View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE Q View Post
    Oh damn! Nothing personal against people who keep their Bass, but I have always believed in C & R so the Bass can get bigger and reproduce. When I feel like eating fish, I just hit up McD's on Friday nights for the Filet O Fish special! PS " I heard the Mc Rib's coming back, just FYI.
    I agree; however I don't like seeing people keeping bass. It is unsettling. I'm not hating or anything, but some guys are, lol.

I have seen a decrease in quality of the Fillet-O-Fish and no longer eat them.

If you are gonna keep bass, keep them after the spawn please...

I've seen this whole Catch and Release argument dozens of times before on this and other forums. I only recently started fishing for them and have found that I enjoy it. I generally fish for those species that I will actually take home to eat, stripers, catfish, crappie, trout.

I understand and agree with those of you that catch and release your bass. That being said, I want to point out that recently changes were made to the Castaic website clarifying that the size and take limit for the lagoon is 5 bass at 12+ inches. The limit is 2 bass over 18 inches for the upper lake. The DFG just had biologists doing studies at both lakes because of that whole trout stocking lawsuit and now the limit for the lagoon has changes. Could it be that the studies showed an overpopulation of bass in the lake? Could it be that the limit was changed to "thin the herd" and thereby create an abundance of forage food for the remaining bass, that will then grow bigger faster?

If everyone would put as much effort into cleaning up all the trash around the lake as they do arguing about catch and release the lake would be a paradise.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast