Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish Cat Cougar Quad Aluminum Frame Pontoon

Default Fish Cat Cougar Quad Aluminum Frame Pontoon

Pontoon for sale..
    Outcast fish Cat Cougar in great condition.
    This is an aluminum frame model with four pontoons that rides very shallow.
    Great for sitting on top of the moss while fishing bass!
    I've caught some real toads on this puppy that spin the whole boat around.
    Reason for sale: Can't carry on a motorcycle and relocating.
    Let me know if you want more details. Has a hole drilled in the frame for a 3 rod holder and I made a great standing deck for it. Includes pump. Also has a transportation wheel to get it to and from the water from your vehicle on your own. (Solo launching!) Weighs about 75lbs+ dry.
    This baby has never let me down.
    They retail something crazy like $900 now. I'll start at $500 for the package. I'll throw in the extra plastic rod holders that have yet to be mounted, an anchor and a seat riser for if you decide to attach a trolling motor.

Here's pics. I'll check back tomorrow for my PM's.
    Sorry to see this thing go. I took great care of it. It rode in my convertible sports car
    always housed in my living room on the carpet, never in the garage or truck even.
    I recently scrubbed down the pontoons and haven't taken it out since. It has a light layer of house dust on it that will dust right off and it's ready to roll/float.

hit me up if you're interested. I'll check back soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN8018..JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	21355   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN8017..JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	21356   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN8015..JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	21357  
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 03-24-2010 at 07:15 AM.

someone should pick this thing up. I've personally seen this toon and man is it nice. I wish i had the moolah i would pick this up in a heart beat.

Thats one nice toon!

Just wondering how that metal piece with the rod holders works. Where do your legs go ??? I take it you only use the electric motor and not fins to get around? Does that metal piece slide forward?
    I have a pontoon so I am just looking for information for rigging mine
    Cal

Man, you slayed plenty of bass on that toon bro. That thing is a real fishing machine for sure. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for the references guys.
    This was one awesome person powered fishing machine.

The two rod holders shown on the standing deck are not currently attached, but included. (put them where you want them when you buy the toon)
    The rod holder it does have is a hole in the frame for a tube rod holder that I put a Berkley 3 rod holder over to hold (you guessed it!) 3 rods.

I still have a tube and fins. Won't be getting rid of those.
    Gonna be able to haul those around on the motorcycle by rolling them up and strap to the back seat.
    I will be out near Castaic and Piru now I guess for bass stompin'.
    Will have to give Perris one last go soon. Trying to let the spawn work it's way out and give the fish a chance. lol

I never used to use this pontoon with fins. I used to just row over to a spot that looked fishy, anchor up and cast out! It was really fun. I could park it right on top of the weed beds cause it would just float right up over them. Let me into great places to hide from the fish. I would draw the fish in toward the weedbeds from sitting on top and they would always bite right before the weeds. lol

You can pull the standing deck off no problem to use the boat with fins too. It works with the oars with the standing deck also. You can drift it, row it, motorize it.. whatever. You can pull it apart and fit it into your tiny little sports car in about 30 mins to disassemble and about 45minutes to assemble.

I definitely caught tons of fish on this thing. Sad to see it go. It's a solid ship for sure. Ready for years more use.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 03-24-2010 at 01:27 PM.

Nice toon, good luck with the sale TJ!

Well I'll be damned, first time checking in for a while and what do I see. TJ, what's up dawg. Long time. So your selling the cougar? Good luck man. We need to talk heli's.

Whatup Rondawg! Long time no see man.
    Still got the 'toon up for sale! Can't haul this sucker around any more.
    Haven't been able to check back lately.
    If you leave a PM I'll get it eventually.

Bump..
    Someone out there needs a spiffy pontoon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast